Chapter 23

They were walking together with locked hands while sun was shining so brightly, completely opposite from the other day. The reason for their walking was no other than Jay. To be exact, the message he sent to Heeseung that morning.

You need to come to my house right now because something shocking happend. And you need to help me.

That exact message repeated in Heeseung's head over and over. Did something bad happen? I mean, it is possible but in Jay's case you never know. He's sometimes dramatic over nothing.

Suddenly Heeseung's attention got snatched away from Jay, and instead he looked at Jungwon who started talking.

"Will your mother be okay?" He asked with his voice a little down.

"She'll be fine. You don't have to worry. My mother is an independent woman." Heeseung said reassuring the boy beside him while making his grip on Jungwon's hand tighter and his smile growing wider. Jungwon at that just quietly chuckled.

In fact, they wanted to stay at home with her since she was in an unfamiliar house and it would be stupid to leave her alone but she went out earlier than them anyways, and left a following message that was written on a piece of paper; I have some things to do and I'll be back home probably this evening. Boys take care!

With that they just decided to go to Jay's house and they were geniunely worried at some point. But knowing Jay it was nothing.

Once they approached Jay's house, Heeseung formed his hand into a firm fist and knocked on the door. Few moments passed and there was no one so he knocked once again. They finally heard quick footsteps coming closer to the door.

The door revealed annoyed Jay but as soon as his eyes caught a glimpse of Jungwon and Heeseung, they were filled with relief.

"Oh my god, finally!" Jay collapsed on both of them and pulled them into a group hug.

Heeseung sighed as he realized that Jay was just being dramatic and nothing serious really happened.

"What the actual hell Jay? We really thought something bad happened."

Jay broke the hug and looked at Heeseung with wide eyes. "And what makes you think that something didn't happen?" He was now resting his hands on both of his hips with raised eyebrow.

"Because you're always dramatic." Heeseung  said with 'You're dumb' expression.

Jay scoffed. "Follow me and you'll see for yourself." With that Jay left both Jungwon and Heeseung who spared each other a glance before they decided to follow Jay's lead.

They were going through long hall with all kinds of paintings and family pictures. The paintings looked expensive and Heeseung was quite surprised that Jay had them in his house. He didn't know he was that loaded since in school he looked like a homeless man.

After they reached the living room they saw Sunghoon sitting at the couch and being in his own little world smiling. Heeseung already could guess the cause of his happiness.

"Where is he?" Jay asked while looking at Sunghoon, meaning the question was for him. Jay's voice immediately brought Sunghoon back to reality.

"He just went to the bathroom."

Jay just nodded and sat next to Sunghoon leaving Heeseung and Jungwon confused.

Heeseung slowly sat down on the other couch that was placed opposite of the one where his friends where sitting on. He looked up at Jungwon as he softly grabbed his hand and tapped the empty space next to him, signaling for Jungwon to sit down. Once Jungwon sat down, Heeseung interwined their hands and smiled at Jungwon before he brought his attention back at Sunghoon and Jay who started bickering like they always do.