- two -

We can die a thousand times
in one lifetime.

We can die a thousand timesin one lifetime

It's Sunday. The worst day of the week.

I used to love Sundays, but since everything that happened with my parents, Nate and I just can't enjoy Sunday the way we used to.

We all used to have Saturday nights as movie nights and then on Sundays we used to sleep till 10 o'clock in the morning and spend the whole day together.

No phones. No friends. No work. Just us.

The whole day, we used to go out on picnics or a family day on the beach.

Since on weekdays, Mom and Dad were busy with their jobs and Nate and I with our School work.

Sundays are to make up for the lost family time on weekdays.

Now that I don't have school anymore and Nate's didn't go to school because we were moving and mom and dad aren't here anymore. It's just Nate and me.

For the first two weeks, we did nothing but talked about all the Sundays we spent with mom and dad.

For the third Sunday, we drove all the way to our parents, five hours together early in the morning because we missed them so much. Then spend the whole day with them and in the evening left back home.

And now after all those Sundays, after a whole month, we are here in the same city as our parents. So last night we decided on visiting our parent's grave.

It's already 9 o'clock in the morning. I made an omelet for both of us and coffee for me and juice for Nate before calling him.

I heard footsteps coming from upstairs and soon my little brother was in front of me.

"Goodmorning, Li!!" he said coming to my side to hug me.

"Good Morning Nate!!" I said hugging him back. He took a step back and bend down to be at the same level as me for me to kiss his forehead.

Dad used to give mom forehead kisses and since dad was older than mom, Nate and I thought that the older one has to give the forehead kissed to the other so it's been our thing since we were little.

But then when we got older we found out that it has nothing to do with age, but we didn't change it. It's been our thing since Nate was 3 and I was 7.

"Did you sleep okay?" I know Nate hasn't been sleeping well because I can hear him cry. I couldn't sleep properly either.

He doesn't know that I can hear him because then to make sure that I'm not worried about him he'd keep it all inside him. I don't want that. If crying is helping him, that's okay.