- three -

Friendship is unnecessary,
like philosophy, like art..
It has no survival values;
rather it is one of those things
which gives value to survival.

- C.S. Lewis

After spending a couple of hours with our parents, talking about nothing and everything, we left to have lunch

"So, what do you want to eat?" Nate asked once we were near the cafe I work in.

"A burger maybe and some fries," I said giving him my card to pay.

"When will you let me work so I can pay for us too?" Nate asked groaning.

I patted his head "When you turn 18 maybe. No. After you're done with your college. Yeah, you can work as much as you want once you're done with your studies."

"That's not fair. I wanna help you." Nate said pouting.

"You do. You being here with me is more than enough baby brother. Just focus on your studies and I'll handle the rest. Okay?" He nodded in return.

"I'll order the food. You go choose a table." Nate said motioning me towards the empty side of the cafe.

"Order whatever you want. I don't want you to eat less just because you think I'll have to work hard." I said giving him my hardest glare.

Mom and Dad used to laugh at my glare saying I look like an angry kitten.

Which is not true. I can be mad too if I want to.

I picked the table in the corner but not too far from everyone. It's quiet and nice.

While I was waiting for Nate. I looked around there were families, young people, too, and a few girls and boys sitting alone in the corner.

The bell at the door chimed and two tall men in black suits entered and sat on the table to my right and sat on the seats adjacent to me.

Looks like they're waiting for someone.

Just like me. Where is Nate? I'm hungry!

The bell chimed again but before I can see who entered Nate came back without our food!?

"What took you so long? I'm starving?" I whisper shouted.

"I was just ordering." I raised an eyebrow.

"The person who took my order was cute, okay." I giggled.

"You were talking to her. How did you embarrass yourself this time?" I asked Nate.

"Hey! That's mean. I don't embarrass myself. She was really cute and thinks I'm funny."

"She thinks you're funny? Nate, she was clearly lying." Nate glared at me.