traitor

So I was listening to "traitor" and got this idea. The premise is that you and Spencer used to date and he broke up with you and two weeks later he was dating JJ.

The italicized portions are song lyrics. Also, some of the lyrics had to be altered to fit the tense but it's almost all song based.

-

The plan as to do your work for the day as fast as possible. You couldn't wait until your transfer went through. You didn't want to spend another minute here. You couldn't, not if you had to see him with her all the time. It felt like someone had reached into your chest and pulled out your heart. You simply could not take it any longer.

You walked into the bullpen and saw him. The man that had broken your heart. With his brown guilty eyes and little white lies. He was your everything but you weren't his. And that hurt.

You shook your head and sat down. As you worked, thoughts crept up in your mind. How you always knew that he talked to her, maybe did even worse. But you kept quiet so you could keep him.

It hurt, how he ran to her the second that we called it quits. He didn't waste a second. It was kind of funny, how he said you were friends. Now it sure as hell don't look like it.

He had betrayed you. And you knew he would never feel sorry for the way you hurt. The worst part was he would talk to her when we were together. You loved him at his worst. But that didn't matter, it took him two weeks to go off and date her. Guess he didn't cheat, but he's still a traitor.

As your mind wandered, you had subconsciously finished your work. You hurried out of the building, hoping to make it home before anyone noticed. Just as you slipped out of the elevator, Agent Rossi stopped you. "Hello beautiful. Dinner at my place tonight, please don't say no."

You frowned. Because of the situation, you had distanced yourself from the team. It was all because of him. You wanted to decline but Rossi didn't let you. "I know your evening is empty, Garcia checked. 6 pm, my house, bring an appetite."

You smiled at him, nodding. You would go and stay for a little before coming up with some excuse. That was the plan

3 hours later you arrived at Rossi's mansion, ringing the doorbell. He opened the door, pulling you into one of his hugs. "I'm so glad you came. It hasn't been the same without you."

"I missed you guys. And your cooking," you said with a grin. You looked over his shoulder and your smile dropped. He was here, with her. You hated how he would bring her around just to shut you down, show her off like she's a new trophy. You knew if he was true there was no damn way that he could fall in love with somebody that quickly.

You shook your head, trying to clear your mind. But you could only think of all the twisted games, all the questions he used to avoid. You remembered when you brought her up he told you that you were paranoid. He betrayed you. And you knew he would never feel sorry for the way you hurt.

As you saw his arm snake around her waist, pulling her in, your stomach lurched. It was funny, how he wouldn't ever touch you in public. But here he was, laughing at something she had said. He talked to her when you were together. You had loved him during his dilaudid addiction, but that didn't matter. It took him two weeks to go off and date her. Guess he didn't cheat, but he' a still a traitor.

You excused yourself to the bathroom, hanging on to the sink as you looked in the mirror. "God, I wish that you had thought this through before I went and fell in love with you," you said, turning the water off. You took a deep breath and ventured to the living room. There he was, sitting with her basically on his lap. You felt the pain began to bubble up as you sat down and tried to avoid looking at them.

That was, until, JJ laughed and said, "yeah we just moved in together." You looked up and caught Spencer's eyes, tearing forming in your own. You couldn't take it any longer, standing up and rushing out of the house. You just had to make it to your car and you would be fine.

A hand grabbed your arm and pulled you back. You turned and not your lip, trying not to let the tears out right then and there. "Y/N, talk to me. Please."

"I don't have anything to say to you," you forced out, feeling a lump in your throat.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I wanted you to hear it from me," he said. That was your last straw.

"When we're you planning on doing it? When she's sleeping in the bed we made, don't you dare forget about the way you betrayed me. 'Cause I know that you'll never feel sorry for the way I hurt," you screamed, tears streaming down your face. You were done with the act, done with pretending.

At this point, the entire team had followed you into the front yard. But you didn't care. "You'd talk to her when we were together. You gave me your word but that didn't matter. It took you two weeks to go off and date her. Guess you didn't cheat but you're still a traitor," you continued, yanking your arm from his grasp.

"Y/N, please," he said in a defeated manner.

"Yeah, you're still a traitor. God, I wish that you had thought this through before I went and fell in love with you," you finished, walking to your car.

-

I'm not usually an angsty person but this was too good to pass up. I'm sorry.