got my eyes on you

As you got home after a long case, you grabbed your mail and entered your house. You rifled through the letters, one in a black envelope catching your eye. You put the rest on the kitchen counter and opened it, a single photo falling out. It was of you leaving Spencer's apartment building. You turned it over to see six words: you're not slick, watch your 6

The hairs on the back of your neck rose immediately, you not knowing who would send this to you. And if they were sending it, what else did they know? You reached for your purse, grabbing your phone and dialing Spencer's number. He probably wasn't back yet, his apartment being about 10 minutes further from headquarters than yours. You placed the phone up to your ear, trapping it between your shoulder and ear while wrapping your free hand around your gun. Suddenly, you felt as if you weren't safe in your own home.

The phone rang twice before a voice picked up. "Y/N, what's wrong?" Of course he knew something was up. You took a deep breath, trying not to freak out. "Y/N, are you ok?"

"Hi Spence. Are you home yet?"

"I'm pulling into my apartment's lot now, why?"

"Do me a favor and check your mail."

There was a minute of silence before his voice returned. "There's nothing here other than my water bill and a book I ordered. Is everything ok?"

"Would you mind if I stayed over tonight, something weird happened and it's freaking me out a little," you asked, not wanting to intrude but also not wanting to be alone.

"Of course. I'm already on my way to your place, your tone just didn't sound right. I should be there in 5 if you want to get your stuff ready?" he replied, causing your stomach to turn, but in a good way. You smiled softly, stuffing the photo in your bag and entering your room.

"Just stay on the phone with me please," you whispered while getting pajamas out of your drawer and placing them in your go-bag.

"I knew you liked the sound of my voice but I didn't know you liked it this much," he teased, eliciting a laugh from you. "Anyway, I'm in your driveway, whenever you're ready," he said. You peered through the window and saw his car in the driveway, making sure to check around for any out of place vehicles. In a minute you were out the door with your bag in hand and your other hand wrapped around your gun.

You opened the door to his car and sat down, closing it before putting your gun away. Spencer looked at you with a raised eyebrow.

"Thank you thank you thank you for coming to get me.  I'm not trying to be a damsel in distress but I'm creeped out right now and not being alone makes me feel better," you explained as he drove back to his apartment.

"You don't have to explain yourself to me Y/N. And you don't have to tell me what's happening if you don't want to, but I would appreciate knowing if it's something dangerous," he responded, placing his hand on yours.

You looked at him and moved your hand so yours was holding his. You waited until he had pulled into his parking spot behind his apartment building before explaining the events. You turned on the car light and brought out the photo. He studied it for a minute before beginning, "This was taken right outside my apartment, and seeing as you're wearing a black suit and purple top, it was last Monday."

You smiled and leaned over, pulling his face into your hands so you could kiss him gently. He placed his hand on your waist, moving you closer to him before pulling away, looking into your eyes. "Not that I'm complaining but what was that for?"

"For being you Spence. Thank you for being my knight in shining armor."

Spencer smiled and turned off the car, picking up your bag before stepping out. He opened your door and held your hand with his free hand before making his way into the building. You reached his apartment and he ushered you inside before locking the doors and pulling you into his arms. "I won't let anyone hurt you," he whispered into your hair. You moved closer to him, feeling safe in his arms.