illicit affairs

Your eyes fluttered open as rays of sunlight came through the window. You snuggled further into the bed, not wanting to get up just yet. You heard a grumble as you did so, smiling softly. "Morning," you whispered, resting your head on his chest as his arms wrapped around your waist.

"Um, good morning. Sleep well?" he asked softly, looking down at you.

"I always sleep well with you Spence," you replied, kissing his cheek before moving away. He groaned as he watched you walk into the bathroom, causing you to turn around and give him a grin. "Make me coffee? 2 sugars-"

"and some almondmilk. I make it every morning," Spencer said, cutting you off as he walked into the kitchen and put on a pot of coffee.

Five minutes later, you walked into the kitchen and wrapped your arms around Spencer's waist. He smiled softly and turned, handing you the coffee. "Thank you."

"Anything for you," Spencer whispered, tilting your chin upward slightly. You kissed him softly and rested your forehead against his.

"I -" you began before getting cut off by the shrill of a phone ringing in the bedroom. You sighed and pulled away from Spencer and walked into the room to pick it up. "Agent Y/L/N," you answered, walking back into the kitchen.

"Y/L/N, why are you picking up Reid's phone?" Hotch asked. You took a deep breath and your eyes darted to Spencer. He stifled a laugh as you panicked.

"Oh, we were going to have a Doctor Who marathon today so I'm at his apartment. He's just making some popcorn." You bluffed, still panicking.

"Popcorn at 9 am? You two are strange. I'm sorry to cut your day short but we have a case. I trust you'll inform Reid," Hotch replied.

"Yes sir. We should be there in 15," you said, turning off the phone. Spencer laughed out loud as you melted into his arms. "I'm an idiot."

"You're not fully awake. Finish your coffee and we'll drive in together," he responded, kissing your forehead lightly before he walked into the bedroom to change. You shook your head, still not over your embarrassing morning. Five minutes later you two were headed out of his apartment to your car, driving to headquarters.

Spencer kept your hands intertwined as you used your left to drive. He didn't like touching people but you and the rest of the BAU were the exceptions to the rule. Especially you.

Fifteen minutes later on the dot, you walked into the conference room, sitting down next to Spencer, your hands dangling close to each other as you waited for the others to arrive. You chatted about mundane things to pass the time.  Ten minutes later everyone was in the room.

"We have a string of murders in Seattle, all blonde women in their early twenties. Sorry for these graphic photos so early in the day," Garcia said before the pictures littered the screen. You grimaced, knowing this was your least favorite part of the job. Spencer watched you carefully, leaning foreword and placing his hand on your thigh. You smiled softly, appreciating the gesture.

"What's the time frame?" Hotch asked.

"First victim was killed 8 weeks ago. The next one 5 days later. The last one this morning. And they've gotten progressively messier."

"He's devolving," you said, still reading the page. "and simultaneously accelerating."

"Y/N's right. We need to find him soon. Wheels up in 30," Hotch responded standing up. "Sorry you two didn't get your marathon, maybe you can stream some on the plane," he said before walking out of the room. You and Spencer exchanged knowing glances before standing up and following him out.