wardrobe malfunction

"Sorry to cut your weekend short, we have a case," Penelope said.

You made an annoyed face before replying. "I wasn't doing much. I should be there in 15 Garcia," you said, taking a sip of your coffee.

"15? You must be underestimating morning traffic my love. Your apartment is at least 30 minutes away. It's why I always call you first." Penelope responded. You choked on your coffee slightly.

"Yeah I just misspoke Garcia. I will be there as soon as possible," you said, putting the phone down.

"You ok?" Spencer asked, worried.

"Oh just lovely. I just slipped up with Garcia by telling her I was 15 minutes away."

"And your place is actually 30 so she caught that," Spencer continued, putting his mug in the sink. You nodded and put your face in your hands. "We could tell them Y/N," he said, walking closer to you.

You looked up and half-smiled. "We could but I don't want to deal with their thoughts. I love you and I don't want their input on that. Besides, imagine what Morgan would say."

"He wouldn't let me live it down." Spencer replied, kissing your forehead before disappearing into the bedroom to change and get his go-bag. You both left his place at the same time about 10 minutes later, you driving your car since it was at his place from the night before.

He kissed your cheek before stepping out of the car. You smiled and got out, following him into the building. "Hello you two. You got here rather fast Y/N." Penelope said with a smile as you walked into the round table room.

"Oh yeah I picked Spence up so I went the back way," you responded as you sat down at the table and reached for a tablet.

"Thank you for picking me up Y/N. I know I called you rather late asking about it," Spencer spoke as he opened the file folder. You smiled at him and read over the case.

"Not a problem. You spice up the morning drives with your statistics," you replied with a giggle causing JJ and Emily to raise their eyebrows at you. Spencer blushed lightly and bit his lip, trying to hide a smile. You realized what you said and shut your eyes, hoping they wouldn't tease you about it later.

"Sorry Garcia, no time for you to present, another victim has just been found. You can debrief us on the jet," Hotch said, stepping into the room. He then turned on his heel and walked out, with the rest of the team following.

You boarded the plane and discussed the case and possible motives. Hotch assigned you and Reid to go to the M.E.'s office. An hour later, the plane touched down at JFK and you followed Spencer off the plane, not paying attention. Thus, you missed a step and plummeted to the ground, with arms wrapping around your waist before you hit the asphalt.

You looked up and saw Morgan laughing as he steadied you. "Be careful little lady, don't want to scratch that pretty face of yours," he teased. You rolled your eyes and smiled as you pulled away from him and got into the passenger seat of the SUV that Reid was driving. The rest of the team went to the station in a separate vehicle.

You reached over for Spencer's hand but he pulled it from your grasp, clutching the wheel with both hands. You frowned and looked at the floor of the SUV as he drove to the office. After speaking with the examiner it was clear that the blunt force trauma to the head wasn't the cause of the death, it was actually drowning.

The two of you got back into the car, with Spencer still driving. You tried to get him to talk but he just gave you snarky responses. Eventually, you arrived at the police station and you jumped out of the car, no longer being able to deal with his attitude problem. After a hard day's work of trying to put together a profile, Hotch suggested everyone go to the hotel and get a good night's rest.