scrawny with a cool hairstyle

bonus points if you get the chapter title. Anyway, enjoy.

-

You opened the door after the third knock. You smiled as your best friend, Spencer Reid, stood at the door, holding a dvd in his hand. "Enter, kind sir," you exclaimed with a bad British accent. He chuckled and walked inside, taking off his converse and putting down his coat.

"I brought season 3 and season 4, mostly because I know you love 10," he said, eliciting a smile from you.

"Tennant holds a special place in my heart. I made popcorn and got some soda. Anything else you want?"

"Licorice?"

You nodded and pulled twizzlers out of the cabinet and joined Spencer in the couch, sitting next to him, your legs touching. He had his feet up on your coffee table while you sat cross-legged. You handed him a twizzler and turned to the TV, turning it on starting with the first episode of season 3.

"Skipping Rose again Y/N?"

"You know I hate sad endings Spence. I don't want to cry today." Spencer laughed and put his arm behind you on the couch. You took this is as your indication to snuggle closer to him. You watched a few episodes, talking slightly at random parts.

A few hours later you stood up and ordered some Indian food, knowing it was Spencer's favorite. You sat back down on the couch, wrapping yourself in a blanket. Spencer had a small frown on his face. "Spence, you ok?"

"Yeah I'm fine why?" he asked, his face distorting in confusion.

"You just seem like something's wrong. I don't have to be a profiler to see it," you replied, watching his face carefully.

"No no everything's good. You were just really warm," he said, his eyes planting themselves back on the television. You rolled your eyes and leaned back into his side, moving the blanket to cover him.

"This is why we use our words Spencer," you teased, moving your head to his chest. You heard his soft heartbeats and relaxed, feeling at peace. He played with your hair gently, as you focused on the episode. It was the one with the underground gridlock. You were never fond of this one but it was interesting nonetheless. Every episode of Doctor Who was.

The doorbell rang, causing you to jump slightly. Spencer chuckled and stood up, getting the food from the delivery person. He brought it to where you were sitting. You moved away from him, grabbing a samosa from the tray. It was your favorite, so warm and spicy; it felt like the embodiment of a hug.

"I always find it funny that 10 is your favorite," Spencer mused. You looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

"I find it strange 4 is yours. Who even likes old Who?" you teased in response.

"Hey don't hate on it. New Who wouldn't exist without Old Who," he defended. You giggled and wiped the tandoori sauce off his cheek. He blushed lightly, looking down.

"Messy messy eater Spencer. Anyway, I like 10 because he's funny and he's cute."

Spencer rolled his eyes at your response. "You're basing your favorite on him being 'cute'," he said, putting the word cute in quotation marks.

"Yes I am. He's well spoken, he's sassy, he's smart, he's cute, plus his converse collection is to die for," you retorted.

"I will agree about his converse collection. I am a bit jealous of that myself," Spencer conceded, eating a piece of naan. "Though I don't understand why you think he's cute still. He's a grown man Y/N."

"3 PhD's and an occupation as a profiler should make it easy to comprehend that people have specific types Spencer."

"And what's your type Y/N?" he countered, leaning closer to you. You smiled and reached for your water.

"My type?," you mused, watching his face carefully. "I suppose it's scrawny men with a cool hairstyle," you said, pushing his hair back gently. He smiled at you and put his drink down, snaking a hand around your waist and pulling you closer.

"Is that your type, Y/N? I would have never guessed," he whispered, causing you to gulp as your heart rate sped up. You nodded, not being able to form any words.

You didn't know why. You had been close to Spencer before, you had hugged him plenty of times. But this time just felt different. And you couldn't explain why. He grinned at you, leaning down and placing his lips on yours. You froze for a moment but melted into his arms, letting your hands play with his hair.

Eventually he pulled away, but only enough to rest his forehead against yours. "Scrawny men?" he asked with a goofy smile.

You bit your lip. "With a cool hairstyle Dr. Reid. Don't forget that important distinction," you murmured, leaning in to kiss him again.