♡ Chapter 39 ♡

Prince jungkook followed his father until they both entered King Jeon's chambers.
King jeon went to his table and sat down. "My head is aching because of this mess" he said while rubbing his forehead. Prince jungkook was nervous so he started playing with his fingers.
"What is this jungkook? Is this the way you take care of your duties. What if this information went to another person? Our entire kingdom is in danger because of your carelessness. I trusted you jungkook. When all the other royals told me not to give you such a responsibility, I refused their opinions and gave this responsibility to you. Because I trusted you. Now look what happened you can't even trust your own people. It is not your fault though. It is my fault because i didn't listened to any of them. They are probably laughing at me right now. I thought you are my pride jungkook." He let out a heavy sigh and continued speaking.
"I will give you three days to correct your mistake. If they are really the victims they have to pay for it from their lives. If they are the innocent ones, I need you to find the real guilty ones."
Prince jungkook was looking at the floor. He slowly raised his head and saw his father's look. He was disappointed, regret was clearly showing in his eyes. Jungkook looked down again trying to control tears.
He felt his throat burning again.

King Jeon got up from his seat and left his chambers without even giving a single glance at prince jungkook.

He felt tears streaming down his eyes.

Suddenly the door opened again.
"Well well well look at you my little brother. Feeling helpless? You are weak, useless, worthless and just a disappointment. Even though you tried you are still the same person brother." Prince junghyung mocked at him. Prince jungkook looked at him with burning eyes.

Prince junghyung could see the flames in his eyes, it made his smirk grow wider

Prince jungkook balled his fists digging his nails into his skin. Prince junghyung started walking towards prince jungkook.
"Look what you did my dear brother you tried to show this world that you can do anything but what happened? you failed and made yourself worse. Don't you think so? If you lived like before, hiding your helpless self from everyone, you could have kept your little pride. But what you did you tried to prove yourself huh? So what did you understand at the end? That you are still the same worthless character or just a failure?"
Prince junghyung started walking around prince jungkook.
"My dearest little brother when a necklace of pearls breaks, the pearls just scatter around. It's so hard to find all the pearls back. It requires a lot of trouble and struggle to find them all yet pearls stay missing. Trust is just like that you broke it once brother."
Now prince junghyung was standing behind prince jungkook. He bent down and starting whispering to his ear.
"It is not your fault brother it is princess y/n's isn't it? She is the one who gave you dreams and hopes. Can't you see brother she is playing with you."
Prince junghyung pulled away and looked at prince jungkook's face he saw that prince jungkook was drawn in his thoughts. He smirked and patted his shoulder and started walking towards the door and suddenly he stopped.
"And my dear brother don't keep that much trust on your Generals" then he walked away.