The Memories

~Della Huxley~

March 28th 2012

I'm on my way to third period. would it be wrong to kill myself right now in the school halls?

Probably.

New plan. I could skip I guess. I don't really see the joy in hiding in a bathroom but.

Why is everyone looking at me like that ?

I hate Mr. Henry's class. Can. Not. Stand. It.

It could possibly be the worst thing to ever happen to me. He either doesn't talk and we do nothing or he goes on and on in that stupid voice that makes you fall asleep.

I walk into the room and scan it for a place to sit. Normally I take the back corner alone but there's someone in the seat next to mine.

She looks nice very basic with long brown hair and leggings and a sweatshirt on.

I walk past her seat to get to mine and a hand wraps around my arm and someone is DRAGGING me out of Mr Henry's. No complaints I'd use anything to get out of there.

The girl with brown hair pulls me into the girls bathroom and looks at me with a sympathetic face.

"Oh babe." She says and frowns more than she already was.

"What?" I say with a confused tone. What is going on here??

"You... uh just look in the mirror."

I turn and face the mirror and I can feel my whole face go bright red. I did not get my period in the middle of school.

Oh no. If Mr. Henry's wasn't reason enough to kill myself this is.

"Here take my sweatshirt and we'll sign out and walk home." She says and smiles while handing me her sweatshirt.

We go to the main office lady Ms. Diane and tell her the info and she lets us sign out of school for the rest of the day.

My school was weird like that. I'm
not sure how they thinking letting two 12 year old girls sign themselves out but anyway.

"I was wondering why everyone was looking at me weird." I say the tears in my eyes daring to spill.

"Hey it's okay it was only third period not that many people saw you." She says squeezing my arm and smiling at me.

"Yeah... your right," I say wiping my eyes "tears are for pussies anyway." I shrug and the girl starts laughing.

"I'm Aleena." She says with a beaming smile.

"Delilah but people call me Della... do you want ice cream? I kinda feel like ice cream."

"Yeah actually do you have money?" She starts fiddling with her fingers like she's suddenly nervous.

"Oh you have no idea." I wink at her and we walk to the ice cream place near my house.