The first Christmas Without her

~Mateo Esposito~

This was the first Christmas without her. Well.. not mine, but Dellies.

It also isn't ever Christmas... this is all very confusing. Today is January 3rd. The Huxleys obviously chose to skip Christmas this year.

The only problem was the presents everyone had yet to open laying around. I think everyone's just scared to figure out what to do with Leena's.

The Huxley's officially decided to celebrate today and Dellie asked me to stay. It's only going to be her father mother, me, and Leo.

The last week has been... a lot. To say the least. Della has practically been attached to Leo. Which i'm not saying is a big deal or whatever.

They spend every waking second together. Watching Christmas movies and talking about Leena.

It's sweet... I guess.

"Uh.. Teo?" I snap back into the living room where I sit with my beautif-

"Oh what the fuck." I say rolling my eyes. My beautiful girl has been replaced with my donkey of a brother.

And just then I hear it. Her laugh. Her real beautiful laugh. Possibly the realest i've heard it since she lost Leena.

My girl is slowly coming back to me.

"I asked if you wanted popcorn bitch." She says pointing at me.

"Nah i'm good." I say and watch her back... we'll you know what I mean. As she walks out of the room.

"Stop looking!" She flips me off without turning around. I swear this girl has eyes in the back of her head.

"Caught red handed." My brother punches me.

"Shut up, she's hot you can admit it." I smile at him.

"Yeah sh-" and with those words I throw him over the back of the couch and jump on him.

"STOP I WAS KIDDING I SWEAR." Leo screams as we wrestle on the floor.

"Oh really?" I yell back

"YOU CANT BEAT ME UP. REMEMBER IM THE ONE WHOSE FIANCÉ JUST DIED." I freeze at the words and hear a glass shatter behind us.

"What.." I hear della whisper as Leo stares at me looking just as shocked as I imagine my face does.

"FIANC-" I begin to yell as a hand is thrown over my mouth.

My phone begins to ring in my pocket and it has the ringtone and I immediately excuse myself to take the call.

~Delilah Huxley~

I'm still stuck on that word as Mateo excuses himself for yet another one of her mystery phone calls.

He gets them way too often it feels now but it's one of the last things i'm worried about.

Fiancé, fiancé, fiancé Leo's words ring over and over in my head.

Im not mad. If anything i'm happy for Leena.