Video Call • part 288

Ian answers the video request and with a smile on his face knowing it was his fiancé calling but his smile quickly turned into a frown as he sees her wrapped in a blanket beside his mom with red flushed cheeks and nose. She had tears in her eyes and a tissue in hand.

"Hey Tess. What's going on?"

Across the camera he sees both Edna and Tessa look at each other as she shakes her head.

"Come on, baby." Edna rubs Tessa's knees that were laying on her lap. "He needs to know."

"What happened?" Ian further asks now very concerned.

"I don't want him to worry." Tessa sniffs, wiping her cheek.

"Do you want me to do it?" His mother asks her. Tessa nods her head. Edna looks back at the computer camera. "Im not sure if you've seen it yet, Ian. But I just got home from picking Tessa up from her walk and when I got there..." she glances at Tessa who was holding in a sob. "I could tell he was scaring her and making her feel uncomfortable."

"What?" Ian looks at Tessa. "Baby are you okay?"

"Im fine." She nods sniffing.

"No she's not, Ian." Edna corrected. "She was crying the whole way back here."

"Tessa." Ian called out to his fiancé. She didn't look at him and instead just stared at the tissue in her hand. "Tessa, look at me." The girl hesitantly did so and he finally got a proper look at her swollen pink eyes. "What did he do?"

"Nothing, Ian, really. Im okay." She lied hating when she had to make him worried.

"Tessa you're clearly not fine." Ian started getting very impatient.

"Tessa." Edna slid her hand in to hers.

Tessa looks at her and can tell she really wants her to tell Ian. It's the right thing to do. "Well, I was just signing stuff for fans and taking pictures with them when this man working for E News came running up to me with the camera almost whipping me in the face." She lets out a small smiling remembering Isabella. "And then I met this adorable little girl who was on her father's shoulders and I talked to her for a little bit. When I went back to the interviewer he started asking me inappropriate questions that I shouldn't have to answer and kept persuading me to so I walked off to your mom's car."

She shrugs. "I'm probably over exaggerating it's not even that big of a deal." She tries to brush off.

"No, Tessa you're not overreacting." Ian furrows his eyebrows. "You have every right to be mad, I mean I'm even mad."

"Ian, no, seriously." She shakes her head not wanting any problems. "Just leave it, okay?"

"Tessa this has to be addressed."

"Ian I'm okay."

"I'm so relieved you're okay but what that man did was unacceptable." He looks over at Edna. "Mom keep her in the house for a while, call Maria and Jessica to come over so she can be distracted." He then looks at Tessa. "I'm going to deal with this, okay? I love you."

"I love you too." Tessa sniffles.

"I'll talk to you later." He blows her a kiss through the screen.

"Okay." Tessa gives him a small smile.

"Bye."

Tessa and Edna both wave at him as he ends the call.