9. The Future

"I knew you'd be chosen as the Slytherin Prefect".
Genevieve spun around as she exited the platform in Hogsmeade, and saw Alexis behind her.
She hadn't seen her roommates on the train, as she had stayed with Tom and the other Prefects the whole time, enjoying their private carriage.
But as she'd got off the train, she'd lost sight of Tom in the crowds of students.

"How did you know I'd get the role?" Questioned Genevieve.
"Slughorn is obsessed with you, Gen, so he was obviously going to pick you" reminded Alexis.
"He isn't really. It's Tom he loves. I just get attention from him because I'm always with Tom" admitted Genevieve.
"Slughorn likes you too. But even if he didn't, he wouldn't split up you and Riddle, you're like the dream team".
Genevieve smiled, "I guess we are".
"And I know you've got the hots for Tom" whispered Alexis.

Genevieve's jaw dropped, "What! No I don't".
"Yes you do. All the girls in our dorm, know that you like Tom, which is why none of us would dare to ask him out" informed Alexis.
"You're wrong. He's just my friend" lied Genevieve.
"Sure he is" replied Alexis as she rolled her eyes.
"He is"
"So, you wouldn't mind if Tessa, or someone  else, asked him out?"
"No, she can do what she wants".

Alexis frowned, not believing her, and as Genevieve pictured Tessa walking arm in arm with Tom, it made her feel angry. Tom belonged to her, and no one else.
"Were you two talking about me?" Questioned Tessa, as she suddenly joined them, interrupting Genevieve's thoughts.
Eileen and Artemis were right behind Tessa, completing the group.
"Lex was just telling me that you had a great summer" lied Genevieve.
"I do enjoy spending time at my parents summer house by the sea, it's true" admitted Tessa.
Genevieve breathed a sigh of relief, as Tessa had believed her.

"So, how was your summer?" Artemis asked Genevieve.
"It was alright. I mean, walking around a mansion by yourself is only fun for like a few days, before it gets really boring" admitted Genevieve.
"That's true. My parents went away for most of the summer, to listen to Grindelwald rallies throughout Europe, so I didn't see much of them either" revealed Artemis.
"It's annoying that our parents just leave us behind to do their own thing. But I guess we should be used to it by now. I just wish I could have had a sibling to hang out with whenever they're away".
"Trust me, having a sibling isn't as great as you think. Especially a twin" sighed Eileen.

"I would love a sibling, but not a twin, because I'd hate to share my birthday" informed Genevieve.
"Yeah, it sucks. Evan winds me up all the time" groaned Eileen.
"Once you've got married and moved out, you won't have to put up with him any more" replied Tessa.
"There's the silver lining to getting an arranged marriage, that I've been looking for" mumbled Eileen.
"You're parents are still insisting on choosing your husband for you?" Quizzed Genevieve.
"Yep. They want our family to become even more pure, so they intend on setting up a good match for me, which will benefit the family" revealed Eileen.

"Doesn't it make you angry, that you don't have a choice in the matter?" Questioned Genevieve.
Eileen shrugged, "I have to get married to a pure-blood eventually, so I might as well let my parents pick one for me. Besides, I've still got a couple of years at school left before then, so I don't need to worry about it now".
"You could rebel against your parents, and do your own thing" suggested Genevieve.
"I don't want to be a disappointment to my family. Nor do I want to be disowned and left with nothing".

"Does your dad not want you to marry a pure-blood too?" Tessa asked Genevieve curiously.
"I expect he does, but we don't exactly talk very much. He has more important things on his mind than me and what I do with my life. He wouldn't waste time planning my future" admitted Genevieve.
Even if Gellert had been her dad, she had a hunch that he wouldn't care about what she did in her free time, any more than he did then. Because he wasn't a very caring man. Everything he did was for the greater good.
"You're lucky he lets you do whatever you want and gives you so much freedom" replied Tessa.
"Yeah, lucky" mumbled Genevieve sarcastically.
"You are, seriously, my parents are dead strict. But your dad lets you get away with was you want".

Suddenly Genevieve's head erupted in pain, and she felt as if it was going to explode.
She knew that this meant she was going to have a vision of the future, and that she would continue to be in pain until she allowed the vision to come through.
"What's wrong?" Asked Alexis, who looked concerned as Genevieve began clutching her head.
"Nothing, just migraines again. They happen to me sometimes, remember" lied Genevieve.

"Maybe you should see the nurse when we get to Hogwarts" suggested Eileen.
"Yeah, but right now I just need some air. You guys should go on without me" encouraged Genevieve.
"We can wait with you, until it passes" offered Alexis.
"No, it's fine. I could be here for a while, you know what I'm like when this happens. Just go and get in a carriage, I'll see you at the feast" insisted Genevieve.
"Alright, we'll save you a seat beside us on the table" promised Alexis.

Once her friends were out of sight, Genevieve found herself a secluded spot where no one could see her.
She then sunk down to the ground and closed her normal blue eye, allowing her golden one to stay open and glow.
The world around her began to spin and she found herself in a dark room she had never seen before.
It was damp and creepy, and she could hear a ominous hissing noise all around her.
Suddenly the vision began to pull her through numerous tunnels and pipes, quicker than would have been possible in real life.
The fast movement made her feel sick.

Eventually she stopped swerving and was thrown into a room full of sinks, that looked familiar, but she couldn't tell why.
There was a girl in front of her, but since she had her back to her, Genevieve couldn't see who it was.
The girl suddenly screamed, and the noise hit Genevieve like a thousand tiny stinging insects.
She covered her ears and closed her eyes to block it all out, and when she opened them again she found herself back in Hogsmeade.

The vision had been fast and complicated, so Genevieve didn't know exactly what she had seen.
She knew she should write to her uncle straight away, to tell him what she'd seen. But her gut was telling her that the vision didn't concern him.
Whatever it was about, Genevieve felt sure that it was relevant to her and Hogwarts, not Gellert.
So she decided to keep it to herself, to wait and see what happened next.