36

So much time passes, the room fills with steam, sweat coating my skin as I continue to stroke Eric's hair, humming along to whatever song is on, maybe Bring Me The Horizon?

I wonder if anyone knows he's here? My dad ordered Frank to find him, we may have another hour or so before I need to leave Eric and go back to sneaky messages and glances when no one's looking.

Undoubtedly, they'll eventually see the bloody handprints on the wall, which will get reported. Belinda will have a berky, probably coming for Eric with a frying pan as a weapon while she's at it.

But for now, with his head on my shoulder and arms snaked around me like I'm his possession, I'm going to ignore the world, we both are.

"I was worried," I tell him, my voice low. "I... I missed you."

He doesn't budge or respond, but that's okay, he can just listen.

"You're mine, remember? You can't disappear on me." My fingers brush through his matted hair, and I run my palm up and down his back. He doesn't stop me, burrowing his head into my shoulder more, breathing against my neck that has me tingling. "You don't need to talk, but I want you to know that whatever is going on, I'm here, okay?"

A smile tugs at my lips as his head nods once, tightening his hold around me.

He must be really lost to be this way with me, to show a vulnerable side of him. I'm glad he is comfortable with me being here, holding him, helping any way I can.

We stay in this position for God knows how long. Eric's playlist is probably nearly finished, but I know my own one he made for me automatically switches after his. He seems to have added a lot of other songs I haven't heard since before the dome.

I feel content, my body tangled with his as I run my nails up and down the nape of his neck in a form of comfort. He seems to like it; his breathing has since settled from the erratic bursts to shallow ones.

Eric lifts his head from my shoulder, kisses my cheek, then drops back down to press his mouth to my collarbone, the touch of his lips sending sensational waves through my body. "I don't want you to be afraid of me," he says quietly, sucking on the skin, shocks shooting between my legs as he does it again, and again, until his fingers find my bra strap, tugging it aside so it falls down my arm. "I would never hurt you."

"Yeah," I reply, breathlessly, as I tilt my head to the side to give him better access. A warmth builds at the base of my spine, my eyes fluttering shut.

He shifts below me, so my knees are on each side of his body, straddling him. Some of the blood on his legs and arms that I missed is staining my pyjamas, but I ignore it as Eric's lips trail up my throat. "Do you still feel the same? Scared that I'll break your heart?"

"Yes," I breathe out with a hiss, honestly, revelling in the feel of him beneath me, lips tracing my skin, and my pulse quickens under his mouth as he sucks on my neck.

"I don't want to break your heart."

I gasp as his teeth nip at me. "Then don't."

"It could have been you," he mutters, both hands in my hair. He stops as his lips reach the corner of my mouth, digging his fingers into my scalp, not painfully, but enough to tilt my head back so he can nibble along my jaw. "And I couldn't protect you. I failed." Then he moves his kisses to the other side of my neck, starting the trail once more that has me throbbing and rocking against him. "I'm never able to protect the ones I care about, and I'm getting really fucking fed up with it."

My chest caves in at his tone, voice breaking at the end.

It's okay, just let it all out.