Chapter 5 A blast from the past.

Y/ns pov

As I walk through the portal I look around at the ruins of beacon academy team rwby slowly walk through the portal there eyes widen as they see there former school now reduced to rubble. Grimm roamed the now destroyed school.

Yang: "y/n...what is this?"

My step sister asks as I turn to face the 4 girls

Y/n: "the future. Well more specifically our universes future."

Weiss: "our universe? Are you saying that there are multiple realitys?"

I nod as I start to walk through the rubble just letting team rwby take it in. After all this was there future if they continued to follow ozpin.

Y/n: "this is what ozpin does. He creates soldiers. That is...until the fall."

Yang: "wait the fall? What's the fall?"

I look at yang before looking around the rubble until I found exactly what I was looking for. I lead team rwby over to a skeleton arm with yangs shotgun gauntlet on it.

Yang: "wait....who's arm is that?"

Y/n: "you sure you wanna know yang?"

Yang gives me a nod so I decided to scan the arm my computer comes back with the details.

Y/n: "this arm belongs to you yang...you lost it durring the fall."

Yangs eyes widen as it finally starts to set in. Why should team rwby keep fighting if this is how the world repays them. The feeling of hopelessness sets in as yang picks up the skeleton of her old arm.

Yang: "but I haven't lost my arm yet. Is there a way to change my future y/n?"

Yang seems stressed now. And I don't blame her. Learning that your destiny is to fail must be hard.

Y/n: "you think this is the worst one?"

Ruby: "wait...there are more timeliness like this one?"

I nod and show the girls another dimension. In that dimension salem won the whole world is covered in grimm.

Y/n: "your not the only versions of team rwby. There's a whole multiverse that you don't know about. Hell in one universe team rwby never existed team jnpr became the saviors of the world."

Blake: "so that means that there has to be a few handful of dimensions where we beat salem right? After all there are multiple dimensions where salem won."

Y/n looks down...he pulls up his computer and asks it a question.

Y/n: "computer scan for a universe where team rwby wins the war."

The computer pops up with 4 universes one universe was where weiss became the leader of atlas and created dust nukes destroying the world and salem in the process.  Another universe where team rwby stopped salem but ruby decided to try and play God. She jumped into the dark puddle becoming the new immortal grimm god. In the 3rd universe blake never left the white fang her and Adam ended up killing weiss ruby and yang causing a Civil War between humans and faunus. Thus causing humans to be enslaved by the faunus. After showing team rwby those alternate timelines I turn to look at them. They seem shocked almost scared even.

Yang: "wait...there was no future where I lived. What about me?"

Y/n: "yeah....in those dimensions you died early on yang. That's what I've been trying to tell you guys. If you keep fighting along side ozpin. You will all end up dead. The only way to save your futures is to stop working alongside oz."

Ruby: "but ozpin promised us that our futures would be bright at beacon."

Y/n: "he's lying to you. He's lying to all of you."

Weiss: "wait. What about this timeline? Ya know the one that we were in? What does the future hold for that one?"

Y/n: "let's find out. Computer take us to dimension 519s future."

The computer opens a portal and I lead team rwby inside. Once inside the future shows us that team rwby fell into a portal due to cinder and neo attacking the group. So the future version of them were dead. Or atleast that's what the world thinks. Team rwby watches as the older versions of themselves fall into the dark abyss of the portal.

Y/n: "do you understand now? If you keep going down this path...you will be killed"

Ruby: "why are you telling us this? Isn't it bad to tell your past self what happens in the future?"

I facepalm before looking at ruby.

Y/n: "Yeah no."

Blake: "but back to the future taught us that."

Y/n: "back to the future isn't a good way to study time travel. Because it's fake. Back to the future rules don't apply to real time travel"

Yang: "so in short your saying that back to the future is full of shit?"

Y/n: "pretty much yeah."

Ruby: "but that's my favorite movie."

Y/n: "yeah well your favorite movie is full of shit ruby."

Ruby pouts before she goes back to looking around at the chaos and death. I sigh before opening a portal back to the present.

Y/n: "Alright field trips over kids let's get you back to your timeline."

I take team rwby back to the current present. After doing so I fire a portal at the ground and get ready to head back to my base. But as I'm about to go ruby stops me.

Ruby: "Wait...look if what your saying is true then we need protection from this whole fucked up timeline."

Y/n: "and what do you want me to do about it?"

Yang: "your the smartest man on remnet surely you can think of something."

I sigh before looking at the 4 girls and then I get an idea.

Y/n: "Alright fine...I'll help you. Here's what we are gonna do. You 4 go back to beacon and quite literally quit. Leave beacon we are going to change the timeline if you guys leave then maybe we can change the future. So in other words. Welcome to team Sanchez. Now go back to beacon. Once you leave contact me and I'll come find you guys."

I give ruby a little button which will alert me to when there done dropping out of beacon team rwby nods as they quickly head back to beacon. Meanwhile I head back to my base and I start to prepair for there arrival after all. I need to stay focused.

Y/n: "it's time we are going to change the future."

I state as I start to work on the calculations.