Chapter 24: Pretty Woman

Khushi walked out of the bathroom and into the living room. HP and the caretaker and his wife were working with Arnav and Akash to decorate the room.

"How can I help?", Khushi asked politely.

"Blow up those balloons, Khushi", Arnav ordered, pointing to a box full of balloons placed to the side.

Akash looked at him strangely. That sounded more like an order than a request. He waited for Khushi to retaliate in her own special way.

"Sure", she grumbled and walked away, not before seeing a smirk on Arnav's face, and making a face back at him in return.

"That was interesting!", Akash said to no-one in particular.

"What was?", Arnav asked.

"Khushi.... I thought she'd get mad at you for using that tone on her, but she didn't say anything", Akash was puzzled.

"Oh, I just have a way with the ladies", Arnav chuckled.

"Oh shut up!"

"No seriously. How about a bet? I bet I can get her to do everything I say, no questions asked, for the rest of the day"

Akash laughed heartily, "Bhaiya, I don't think that is possible for anyone, much less you", he quipped.

"ok, then take the bet!"

Akash looked at him warily. Was there something he was missing? Why was Bhaiya so confident? But he'd gotten to know Khushi over the last two weeks, and he'd noticed the equation she had with Arnav. It wasn't exactly antagonistic, but they were like two cats circling each other every time they came face to face. It was a safe bet to take.

"Alright then"

"A few rules though", Arnav explained, "You cannot tell anyone about this wager, especially not Khushi. And you cannot interfere with whatever I ask her to do"

"ok", Akash agreed, "But you cannot tell anyone either. I wouldn't put it past you to work with Khushi to win this one. She'd agree too. She's just as devious as you"

"Agreed. What's the wager?", Arnav asked.

"If I win, you take all my meetings with Mrs. Mathur for the next 6 months", Akash mentioned, slyly.

Mrs. Mathur was a particularly onerous old woman, whose husband had left her a flourishing company that made the cement that AR constructions used. If it weren't for the fact that their product was the best quality and always delivered on time, AR wouldn't have done business with them, since dealing with Mrs. Mathur was a pain in the neck.

Arnav winced, but agreed, secure in his place, "Done. And if I win, you take all my meetings at AR Fashion with Sheetal and her team for the next six months"

"Bhaiyaaaa!!!", Akash protested. Sheetal was the model co-ordinator at AR fashions and had a very bad habit of coming on to the Raizada brothers. If she weren't really good at her job, she'd have been fired a long time ago. Arnav hated meeting with her, she flirted so much, it got annoying after the first five minutes. She did the same with Akash, even knowing he was married and very much in love with his wife.

"It has to be an equal wager, Akash. Mrs. Mathur for Sheetal. Agreed?"

Akash thought for a while, and the lure of no Mrs. Mathur for six months (3 meetings) was very strong.

"Done", and they shook hands on that deal.

Arnav turned around, smirking, and looked at Khushi, who was diligently blowing the balloons up with the hand pump, "Khushi, maybe you should just blow them up with your mouth, instead of the hand pump", he said mildly.