Dementor

-Hazel-

"Are we there yet?" Percy wined. He had resumed his spot on the floor. The train started slowing down barely a moment after the words left his lips. Percy jumped up, grinning.

"We can't be there yet." Hermione said as Ron edged past Professor Lupin to look outside. In the process he accidentally knocked Percy into his seat. Percy seemed completely okay with that and shifted to get comfortable. "Why are we stopping?"

The train came to a sudden stop and I could hear luggage falling out of racks in the storage compartment behind us. Harry stood and looked out the door when the lanterns went out. I heard him fall back into his seat.

"Ouch!" I said when Ron stepped on my foot. "That was my foot!"

"Sorry Hazel." Ron said as he sat down. I could already see in the darkness. Percy wiped a spot on the window clear of frost that had gathered there. He peered outside.

"There's someone outside." Percy told us. "I think that they are coming on." The compartment door opened and someone fell over Harry's feet.

"Ow! Sorry! Do you guys know what's going on?" Asked a boys voice.

"Hi Neville." Harry reached his hand out and grabbed Nevilles cloak, pulling him up. "We don't."

"Sit down." Hermione said. Neville tried to sit on the orange cat, resulting in a lot of hissing. "Not there! That's Crookshanks." The boy sat down beside me.

"I'm going to ask the director what's going on." Hermione said, standing up. She moved towards the open door and collided with another girl that looked about a year younger then us.

"Who's there?" Asked Hermione.

"Who're you?" Said the second girl.

"Ginny?"

"Hermione?"

"What are you doing?"

"I was looking for Ron."

"Guys just sit down." I said, making Neville jump.

"Who are you?" Neville asked.

"Hazel. I'm a transfer from America." I said. I guided Hermione back to her seat and Ginny tried to sit on Harry.

"No here!" Harry exclaimed. "I'm here!"

"Sorry!" Ginny fell in the seat beside Neville.

"Quite!" Said a new voice, it was older. There was movement from the corner that Professor Lupin occupied, then a crackling as fire bloomed on his hand and illuminated the compartment. The professors face was tired, but his eyes were alert. "Stay where you are." Professor Lupin told us as he stood up, his hand in front of him.

The door slid open before Professor Lupin reached it. A coldness swept into the compartment. A cloaked figure that reached the ceiling was illuminated by Professor Lupin's flame. Besides Nico the others seemed terrified, including Percy who seemed to be caught up in memories. I glanced at my half brother who was starring at the thing wide eyed. I couldn't see its face, but I doubted it was pleasant looking. A hand reached out for barely a moment, grey, slimy, glistening and scabbed. The thing drew a slow rattling breath and the cold seemed to intensify ten fold. I reached for my sword disguised as a bracelet. Nico suddenly made an odd sound and I glanced over to see Percy collapse, eyes rolled to the back of his head, body convulsing. Harry collapsed moments later, eyes rolled back into his head, but his body was completely still. Professor Lupin raised his wand and a silver wolf burst forth. The thing left.

"Percy!" Nico shouted, kneeling down next to our cousin as the lanterns came back. The teacher extinguished his flame and looked down at the two unconscious students worriedly.