1 - Karl

TW - swearing

KARL POV -

I didn't believe in love. I never had. It was stupid to think that there was one person that you just wanted to constantly be around forever. I'd known for a long time that I wasn't going to fall in love. Firstly, I wasn't really a lovable person, I mean who would love a scrawny, nail painting, gamer boy? (I would, lol) And secondly, I'd never had a crush on any of the girls I'd ever met.

My mom was always asking me if I liked any of the girls at school and the answer was always no. My heart had never picked up when a girl walked by, I'd never felt butterflies in my stomach, I'd never been nervous but also excited, I'd never felt the need to do anything for a girl.

But maybe wikihow was wrong, maybe thats not what a crush feels like?

Oh who was I kidding, love just wasn't real.

Maybe there was someone you were just more compatible with than others but then if you split up, there'd always be another person that you could work with. Love was just something made up so people could feel more special.

—————

I sprinted down the road, breathing heavily, internally cursing myself for oversleeping. My mom had already left for her first day at her new job, not bothering to check if I was awake. I'd only realised that I was late when I heard my phone ringing next to me and I saw that my mom was calling. She said that the school was waiting for me to arrive so I could have a tour before class.

My purple converse pounded along the cracked pavement as I turned a sharp corner and the large school came into sight. I sped up, almost dropping my handmade, color block, backpack. I made it to the large iron gates of the school and came to a halt, hands on my knees, out of breath.

I was regretting wearing black jeans, a white collared shirt and a blue sweater because I was now incredibly overheated. I pushed my fluffy brown hair out of my golden-brown eyes. I pulled out my phone to check the time, I smiled as I realised I was a few minutes early.

I took a moment to catch my breath before walking towards the office of the large, bleak school. I made my way into a small, cosy room with a soft fall colour scheme. I walked up to a small wooden desk where a kind looking old lady was sat, playing pac-man on her computer.

I gave her an awkward smile as I approached.
"Er, hi, I'm Karl Jacobs. I'm new here," I said quietly, looking down at my shoes nervously. The woman gave me a wide smile.
"Welcome! I've got your timetable here and I'll call up your tour guide. I apologise in advance if you get your ear talked off about football, he's one of those popular boys," She gave me knowing look as she handed me a piece of paper with a list of classes on it.

"Thank you," I mumbled, smiling and walking over to a chair on the other side of the room. I sat down and immediately my leg started bouncing up and down. I fiddled nervously with the rings on my fingers as I waited for my tour guide to arrive.

I only had to sit there for a few minutes because soon enough the door to the office flew open and two guys in letterman jackets sauntered in, talking loudly. One of them was tall with dirty blond hair and green eyes whilst the other was short with dark brown hair and greyish eyes.

My gaze settled on the shorter of the two, he was wearing a white bandana which was keeping his dark hair out of his mesmerising eyes. He had a confident smile which I found incredible attractive. He was also muscular and tanned. The two laid eyes on me and I quickly looked away, silently scolding myself for staring.