18 - Three boyfriends vs. School

TW - BRAD, swearing, panic attack, homophobia, fighting, mention of death

QUACKITY POV -

School.

Something we'd all been dreading.

Sure, we'd been to school whilst dating before, but now Brandon was there and he knew about us. And Brad probably knew about us too, seeing as he and Brandon were now friends.

So it's not hard to see why we wouldn't be looking forward to it.

We walked through the school gates and I desperately wanted to be holding their hands but we decided to keep our relationship a secret for as long as possible.

There were already a lot of homophobic people at school so we had no idea how they would react to a gay polyamorous relationship but we knew it wouldn't be good. It was actually terrifying.

We made our way towards our usual spot where Dream, George and Techno were already sat, talking happily. When they spotted us, they looked worried. We sat down and Karl spoke first,
"Why are you looking at us like that?" He asked, staring at the other three. George sighed and shook his head,
"Brandon put pictures of you all over social media. Everyone knows about your relationship," He said apologetically.

We all had very different reactions. Karl's mouth fell open with shock and an angry look crossed his face. I froze, not knowing how to feel. And Sapnap stood up and ran away, clearly on the verge of tears. Karl and I shared a very worried look before we both leapt to our feet and followed after our boyfriend.

We followed him into a boy's bathroom and found him sat against the wall, his knees hugged up to his chest, breathing shallowly and unevenly. Sapnap's eyes darted around the room, full of terror as he struggled to breath, tears spilling down his face. I immediately darted to his side,
"Sapnap, it's me, Quackity. I'm going to put my arm around you, okay?" I whispered, not wanting to frighten him. After a moment he nodded, shaking with tears.

I gently draped my arm around him, pulling him into my chest and whispering calming words in his ear. Karl stood in the doorway, looking like he didn't know what to do. I beckoned him over and he knelt on the other side of Sapnap.
"Sap, Karl's here too. You're not alone. We're going to make it through this, together," I breathed, rubbing circles on his shoulder.

"We won't let them anywhere near you," Karl murmured, gently taking Sapnap's hand. Sapnap's breathing slowly began to slow down and regulate itself. Eventually he looked up at us, his eyes still full of tears and smiled softly,
"Thank you," He said hoarsely, kissing both of our cheeks.

We sat on the floor of the bathroom, holding onto each other, until it was time for class. Every time someone came in, I would yell loudly in Spanish and they would run away, looking scared.

Too soon, we heard the bell ring and we slowly stood up.
"See you guys in history," I grinned, winking as we exited the bathroom and went our separate ways.

I was actually wrong however, because I would not see them in history. I would see them in the middle of first period.

I was sitting in Math and I was incredibly bored. I wasn't paying attention in the slightest. My foot tapped lightly on the ground and I was drawing in the corner of my books, a habit I'd picked up from Karl. The teacher's voice droned in monotone in the background, practically sending me to sleep.

And that's when I heard voices in the hallway.

Usually, that wouldn't have bothered me. But I recognised one of the voices as Sapnap's.
"So, is it true? You and those disgusting homos?" Brad's voice asked. I heard a nervous laugh from Sapnap and no response. Then I heard a couple of other people saying something. I was guessing that the football team had been called out to their first meeting of the season.

Then I heard footsteps and Brad spoke again.
"Hey! Gay boy! What fucking spell did you put on my man Sapnap here?" I looked up at the classroom door and through the small window in it, I saw Karl standing in the hallway, a few metres away from Brad. Karl looked scared and slightly lost.

Immediately I stood up, ignoring the teachers protests, and I left the room. I walked over, as quietly as I could, and stood next to Sapnap, smiling humourlessly at him. Karl seemed to have spotted us both. I was just coming up with a non violent way to get Brad away from Karl when my math teacher walked out of the room and started yelling at me.

Brad spun on his heel and caught sight of me,
"Oh! Look who it is! All three of you are lying to yourselves, you aren't in a relationship, you're just thirsty as fuck. I bet you just fuck each other senseless and leave. Disgusting homos,"

That was it. I was done with this asshole.

Sapnap also looked done with him. We stepped forward, glaring angrily.
"Say that again, I dare you," I challenged, cracking my knuckles. Brad scoffed and rolled his eyes.
"DISGUSTING HOMOS," He spat.

Then, quite simply, I punched him.

Brad yelled and stumbled backwards in pain before swinging his fist at Karl who dodged and kicked him in the shins.

All of the football team seemed to snap out of a daze at that moment because they ran forward and closed in on us, ready to beat all three of us up. I looked at the other two in fear, there was no way we could take on the whole entire football team. We all grabbed each other's hands and closed our eyes bracing ourselves.

Teacher's yelled in protest in the background as I felt a fist connect with my jaw.

I could hear students pouring out of classrooms.

Then I heard a voice and the punching stopped.

"HEY! DICKHEADS! LET'S MAKE THIS A FAIR FIGHT!"

I opened my eyes and grinned.

A group of people stood in front of us, glaring down the football team. Dream, who was evidently the one who had yelled, George, Wilbur, Techno, Pip and Pitch.

Now we could definitely beat the football team.

I turned to Sapnap who looked very conflicted. I placed my free hand on his shoulder and gave him a soft smile.
"Sap, you and Karl go and stand right next to that teacher. I don't want you getting hurt or in trouble, I don't want to risk your spot on the team, even if the people suck, I know how much football means to you," I smiled softly and kissed them both gently on the cheeks.

"I love you guys," I whispered, not daring to admit how scared I was. Sapnap looked like he was about to protest but Dream intervened, pushing him and Karl towards a teacher who was watching in shock and worry.

Once Karl and Sapnap were out of the danger zone, along with George who looked mad that Dream wouldn't let him fight, the rest of us gathered, facing the football team, ready for a fight.

People couldn't die in high school fights, right?

Word count - 1203

A/N -
Hello!
Thoughts?

Have an amazing day/night!
You are all awesome and valid <3!

Thanks for reading!