36 - Date Time Part 2. - DNF

TW - swearing, fluff, mentions of conversion therapy

DREAM POV -

George was pretty badly shaken up after the whole 'saving Quackity from conversion therapy' thing. No one except me knew this but he'd actually been to conversion therapy himself last year, his mom was super homophobic and she'd sent him away when he'd come out to her.

Luckily his dad filed for full custody after a few months and got George out safely. Still, it was definitely traumatic for him and our recent trip had definitely resurfaced old memories. I hated seeing the way he flinched at any sudden movements and how he would shrink away from anyone and everyone as if they were going to hit him.

I decided that I needed to get his mind off of it, to help him relax and recover. What better way to do that than a date?

————

I groaned and opened my eyes, mumbling a string of curses at the bright light filtering through the curtains. I sat up slowly, looking around at the empty bed and frowning. I was 99% sure that George had been cuddled in my arms before I fell asleep. I stumbled out of bed and trudged tiredly through the house, searching for the small brunette.

It didn't take me long to find him, he was standing at the kitchen bench, eating pizza.
"When did you order pizza?" I asked, running a hand through my messy blond hair as I walked over to him.
George shrugged, "Earlier," He said, smiling softly but also flinching ever so slightly as I wrapped my arms around him from behind, resting my head on top of his.

"You up for a date tonight Georgie?" I asked, swaying back and forth slightly with my arms still around him.
"Depends," George responded, "What kind of date?" He turned to face me,
"A good one," I promised, kissing his cheek. He chuckled and nodded, smiling.

"I'll pick you up at six," I said, letting go of him,
"Dream. You stupid idiot. We literally moved in together last month. We live in the same house," George laughed, rolling his eyes. I scoffed, pretending to be offended,
"I'm not stupid! I know we live together! I'll pick you up from your room at six then," I cried dramatically.

"We share a bedroom," George deadpanned, leaning against the counter.
"Just be ready by six!" I gave up, walking off to take a shower, George's laughter still echoing from the kitchen.

————

I was nervous.

Why was I nervous?

I'd been on hundreds of dates with George before, it's not like this was anything new.

Apart from the fact that there was a promise ring in my pocket, waiting to be slid onto the brunette's finger.

I wasn't dressed fancy, just black jeans and my favourite green hoodie. I slipped a few rings onto my fingers and pulled on my black converse before walking out of the bathroom and heading for mine and George's bedroom. I knocked on the door and I heard loud clattering coming from inside.

"ONE SEC!" George's voice called, making me laugh.

I stood leaning against the doorframe, waiting for him. After a moment the door flew open and my jaw dropped. George stood in front of me dressed in black jeans, a crisp white shirt with a blue sweater over it, the blue sweater had red and white boxes on the front and mushroom earrings to match the sweater. His dark brown hair looked fluffier than usual, his clout goggles were perched atop his head and his red converse tied the whole outfit together.

Then I noticed the eyeliner. It wasn't very pronounced but it was gorgeous. I fizzled into a mess of gay panic as I stared at the boy in front of me. He gave me a nervous smile,
"Do I look okay? It's not too much?" He asked, fiddling with the hem of his sweater. I shook my head, my mouth still open, my mind still just a gay mess.

"Beautiful," Is all I managed to say as George rolled his eyes and took my hand, leading me towards the front door. I followed him outside and then we stopped.
"I don't know where were going," George said, pulling me out of my trance. I shook my head slightly, refocusing. I smiled down at the pretty brunette and began to lead him towards the movie theatre.

Once we arrived, I lead him to the back door where a guy with glasses stood waiting.
"Dream! George! Right this way!" He grinned, motioning for us to follow him. He took us into an empty theatre room, the rows of black leather chairs were all completely deserted.

"Have fun you guys!" The guy said. As he left, I handed him a $20 note, whispering in his ear,
"Thanks Charlie," I waved as Charlie grinned and closed the door to the room. I pulled George over to two seats in the middle of the empty space, George was looking around, confused.

Then the screen lit up.

The opening credits of George's favourite movie began to play on the screen and George gasped, turning to me, his eyes wide with excitement.
"You did this for me?!" He asked, leaning closer, a smile lighting up his beautiful face. I nodded, grinning and pulled out the promise ring.

"I love you George, so much, I know when we met you were just a nerd helping me with schoolwork but now you're the most important person in my life, I would do anything for you. I love you. I promise that I'll always be here," I slid the ring onto his finger and he immediately pulled his hand away to admire it.

"I love you too Dream," He breathed, looking back up at me. We both leaned in at the same time and our lips connected. It was a euphoric feeling, knowing that we both truly loved each other. I knew that I'd found my soulmate, George was the only one for me. I couldn't see myself without the brunette. I didn't want to see myself without the brunette. George was my whole world.

We pulled apart and I pulled George into my arms, cuddling closer as we both focused on the movie, every so often eating candy or popcorn and every so often sharing quick kisses.

God I loved him so much.

I was so lucky to call him mine.

Word count - 1066

A/N -
Hello!
Thoughts?

Pip, I've done it, I've gone two whole chapters without angst and I'm about to go two more! This does not feel normal, no one has died in so long /j.  Miss you! Love you!/p <33

Have an amazing day/night!
You are all awesome and valid <3!

Thanks for reading!