chapter 0.

days left: -

Luke was currently sitting in his room in the dark, the computer screen being the only source of light. The website he had been looking for and finally found was flickering in front of his eyes and he shakily held his phone in his right hand.

For days he had been debating if he should finally call the service number or let things roll the way they were. He clearly wasn't over his boyfriend yet who already moved on and Luke needed an alternative. Asking someone he knew would be weird, he had told himself, although being together with a complete stranger was even more bizarre.

On the one hand, there was no sense in it since he had to pay monthly quite an amount of money to pay for his boyfriend but on the other hand, he was desperate.

So he pressed the call button.

After a couple moments, someone answered the call.

"Good evening, rent-a-boyfriend organization here. What can I do?" the male on the other end of the line asked, making Luke gulp, afraid of his decision.

"G-Good evening t-too. I, uh, want to rent, uh, a b-boyfriend." He stuttered softly. Actually, Luke was never this insecure. He was in fact the total opposite of insecure, but at that moment he was in a very valuable state.

"Obviously, since you called rent-a-boyfriend and not rent-a-girlfriend." The guy chuckled.

"So, how long do you want a boyfriend?"

Luke chewed on his lip ring, thinking it through. After a wave of silence, he replied just as quietly as before.

"A m-month."

"Okay then, any preferences on looks or personality wise?"

Luke furrowed his brows. He had never thought about this before. He thought, they would send a random guy up to his door and then he'd pay the bucks, but it seemed to work differently.

First, the blond was thinking of getting someone who looked like his ex, but soon he had to realize that it wouldn't last forever and he would never go over him.

Instead, he decided to describe someone who was the total opposite of his former caring and lovable boyfriend.

"Um, pale skin, maybe crazy coloured hair, um..."

"Badass personality?"

"No!" Luke shrieked a little too loudly and for a moment, he thought his mom had heard him. Luckily it was just an illusion. As much as he wanted to be his rented boyfriend the total opposite, he didn't want him to be a total retard.

"I guess, uh, a tough guy with a sweet side on the inside?"

"Let me see... Actually, we have one! Now I just need your address and credit card number."

A smile appeared on Luke's tired looking face and he didn't hesitate to give away the street where he lived nor did he mind giving his credit card number. The account was only his secondary one and he only used it for business like this. His main card, that was the jackpot. Shortly later he received the deadline.

"Let me get this straight:" The unknown guy cleared his throat.

"Thirty one days you want to rent him for now and you want a badass guy acting like a kitten on the inside?"

"Exactly."

"Your boyfriend will hand you a packet with the terms and rules in it. You should read them all so you know what stands in your power and what not."

"And, uh, when will he come?"

"He'll come next week, Saturday to give you the essentials and so you can get to know him better. Starting Sunday, the deal is running."

__________

short chapter I know no need to tell me but this is the prologue somehow.

I'm staying with third person because I feel it suits the best for this book.

-ali