chapter 4.

tuesday

daysleft: 28

Just like the previous day, Michael picked up Luke again, only that Michael had dared to walk to Luke's doorstep and had had the pleasure to have Liz answer the door. She dearly welcomed him that it started to creep Michael out. He just wasn't used to parents being so open, since all the parents from his previous 'girlfriends' were skeptical at first, due to his appearance.

While Luke still was in his room to get ready, Liz asked Michael many questions which had made him shift in his seat. Luke's mother surely was enthusiastic that her son found a new romance.

"So, how did you two meet?" The middle aged woman asked him curiously, finishing preparing her tea.

"Oh, how we met?" Michael chuckled nervously, rubbing the back of his neck. He felt like slapping himself for not discussing Luke and his background story with Luke.

And since Luke wasn't here yet, Michael was in deep shit and simply had to improvise.

He was aware that he couldn't use school as an answer and the library or a coffee shop was too cliché for his liking because nobody would actually start a conversation with a stranger in the middle of a public space.

A bar could've been the answer and Michael was so close of using that lie but he doubted it was a good idea.

"Um, we both have this friend..." Michael started, thinking about someone he knew well and would have no problem if he or she was pushed into this situation.

"So you both met through a friend?" Liz arched a brow at Michael, already sensing that he wasn't quite truthful.

"Yeah, um, Angel. Angel Cyrus, yes that's her name."

Once Michael had finished his sentence, he wanted to rip his head off. Out of all people, he had chosen Angel who was anything but an angel.

"Well, that's nice." Liz nodded briefly before sipping on her green tea. She wasn't quite sure if Michael spoke the truth or not.

Then finally, Luke trotted down the stairs, dressed in a denim jacket, black skinny jeans, worn out vans and a black beanie that only let a bit of his quiff peak out.

"Luke, who is Angel Cyrus?" His mother challenged him without any good morning.

"Good morning to you too, mother." Luke sighed and his eyes landed on Michael who shot him a pleading look.

"A-and Michael." Luke choked on air. He didn't need to be clever to know that Liz already bombed his fake boyfriend with tons of questions.

"Morning, Luke." Michael replied briefly before he got up from the table and grabbed his leather jacket.

Knowing that Liz was inspecting Michael, the boy walked over to Luke and pecked his lips before he turned to the lady again who smiled. Luke on the other hand, had been surprised by Michael's actions.

"Sorry, morning to you too." Liz apologized but straight went back to the point.

"How did you two meet, son?"

Luke's blue eyes widened and he tried to gulp as decent as possible. It was Michael though who had answered.

"I told you already, Mrs Hemmings. We met over our friend, Angel Cyrus."

That had been enough for Luke to get the story.

"Yeah, she accidentally once spilled her coffee all over me." The tall, broad blond lied blatantly, kneading his hands.

"If you'll excuse us, I think we should get going." Michael shot Liz a forced smile, before reaching out for Luke's hand who had instantly replied.