chapter 8.

monday

           days left: 22

Michael still felt bad for what happened to Luke; not just the thing with Bettina, but also Ashton. So therefore, he had tried his best to make Luke ditch school, without any success though. Luke had asked him what he had on his mind because if they stayed in Luke's residence, Liz would freak and if they went to the city, Liz would freak because she'd probably see him there and if school called, Liz would freak and in addition would shut down the WiFi access for Luke.

Michael, on the other hand, explained briefly that he wanted a new hair color. He had his white-ish hair for several months now and he was getting bored of it. Plan was that he'd get his hair done while he wasn't needed yet but lastly, Michael knew that he couldn't decided between the colors. It was a tie between a bright red and a blue-purple color.

Luke being the good boy (in public, that was), declined Michael's pleads but remarked that red should be the color just so he could be called Clifford the big red dog. Of course, Michael immediately told himself to never dye his hair red.

Nevertheless, Michael picked up his fake boyfriend and drove him to school once again, with the horrible motorbike, according to Luke. Michael knew that there was no use anymore trying to persuade Luke, so he just pecked his cheek in public before driving off again, on the way to the salon.

While Michael had a relaxing day like any other day, Luke was busy trying to find Bettina. First, he started by her locker and worked all his way through the hallways and even asked some random girls to look in the bathroom for the missing brunette. Once he checked the whole building, it was obvious that Beth wasn't here at all. And that scared Luke because she could do anything at this moment.

On the way to his first class of the day, also known as history, Luke dialled Bettina's phone number. After several attempts someone finally picked up the call. It wasn't the person Luke wanted to talk to, though.

Instead, it was Bettina's mother who assured him that her daughter was at home, accompanied by her mom and that she's feeling sick today.

At least she's safe at home, Luke thought by the time he entered class and slumped onto his seat in the front of the room by the window.

The room was already filled and familiar faces caught Luke's blue eyes, yet neither of them was very close to him. Of course, to some of them he might have talked to but nothing more happened ever since. Luke wasn't a socialite in general. He only needed some few friends- no, he just needed Bettina because she was everything Luke looked or better said needed for in a friend.

In hope that the girl would appear after all and that her mother was just bluffing, Luke's eyes were glued on the door. With every foot that stepped in, Luke rose his brows but when he realized it was either one of those stereotypical girls with knee socks and short skirts that shouldn't be defined as a skirt or one of those Tumblr boys with their jeans from American Apparel and ugly Jordan's.

One of those so called Tumblr boys who came in was Ashton, excluding the Jordan's.

With his hands tucked in the pockets of his black skinny jeans, the tan Australian walked in. A pair of sunglasses were tucked on the neckline of Ashton's plain white shirt, a jeans vest draped over to give his appearance more style. And to make the look perfect, he had his bag thrown over one shoulder.

Ashton noticed Luke's gaze on him so he shot the blond a short, dimpled smile before he quickly moved over to his seat. Luke was frustrated of Ashton because he just acted like they never were in a real relationship and thought that both of them were fine when in reality, it wasn't.