chapter 1.

saturday

days left: 31

Luke was creeping on Tumblr when his mother, Liz, shouted:

"Luke, I'll be away to do some grocery shopping! The post boy might come and you're the only one in the house, so open the door!"

"Uh, yeah!" Luke shouted back, not really catching every word she told him. He was too busy reading gay smut anyway.

A while later, someone rang the doorbell on which Luke didn't pay the slightest bit of attention.

A second time the sound filled the air and Luke rolled his eyes, still thinking his mom was still here so he shouted:

"Mom, I think someone's here!"

The blond expected the constant bothering noise to stop but it didn't, leading him having to open the door.

"Hi..." The tall guy's voice trailed off once he saw the 'post boy' in front of him. Judging by the looks, he was about Luke's age and it was no secret that he was attractive. Alone his platinum blond, almost white hair was a major turn on, making Luke gulp and thank the lord he decided to not stay in his onesie.

"Hi, I'm from rent-a-boyfriend. Is your sister here?" The guy cleared his throat and Luke furrowed his brows.

"What the fudge, I don't have a sister."

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought this was the Hemmings' house."

The stranger seemed embarrassed as he rubbed the back of his neck. It had never happened to him before and he planned on killing Mark, the guy who always replied the phone calls.

Luke was still confused though. Why would the punk yet good looking boy think he had a sister?

"Well, this is the Hemmings' house." The blond declared with confidence.

"Then you have a sister?"

In the back of his head, Luke noted that he was good looking, but had the smartness lower than zero on a scale of one to ten.

"I rented the boyfriend."

It took the boy a while what Luke had meant with he rented the boyfriend until it clicked in his head.

"Sorry dude, I'm straight." He chuckled plainly and turned to leave, but the blond Hemmings gripped his arm.

"Come on man, it's just for a month and I'll pay you the double price." Luke blurted out and wanted to slap himself. It turned out to be that he was that desperate and devastated.

The stranger seemed to notice the fact and chewed on his bottom lip. It was a great deal after all, getting the double amount of money for thirty one days. After a while, he broke away from Luke's grasp and smirked.

"Hey, boyfriend"

Before Luke could even react, the guy pulled out a package from behind his back and held it out to him. With shaky hands, Luke retrieved the mail.

"Terms and regulations." The boy explained briefly, taking in Luke's hitched breath. "Read it through so you know how it rolls. Anyway, what time should I pick you up tomorrow?"

At his question, Luke furrowed his brows. "What do you mean, pick up tomorrow?"

"You do know the deal is starting tomorrow and besides, I know nothing about you except that your name is Luke Hemmings and you're gay and you know nothing about me except that I'm thirsty for money. Again, when should I come?"

After hesitation, the answer was: "Come at the same time."

"Fine then, Luke." He smiled and Luke felt himself reddening as he said Luke's name.

His boyfriend was about to go when Luke stopped him a final time.

"Wait, what's your name?"

The dyed blond turned to him, only showing his side where his black eyebrow piercing was visible and smiled.

"Michael Clifford."

Once Michael was gone, Luke shut the door behind him and couldn't help but find Michael's name nice and was looking forward to the next day.

__________

Michael's hair color is the one in the good girls video.

-ali