chapter 14.

monday
days left: 15

Michael wished he hadn't teamed up with Bettina in first place. Luke said himself that he already forgot the hair thing long ago, so why bring it up again?

Beth's reason was that Luke had to know he'd been changing all for Ashton's sake and the earlier he saw the fault, the quicker would he leave Ashton for good.

Again and again, Michael wondered why that topic was brought up again. Luckily Luke didn't confront him a second time. In fact he was surprisingly quiet that day and Michael was curious about what was running in his head.

"What are you thinking of?" He then asked as the two boys walked down the pavement, Michael's hands half tucked in his pockets while Luke just stared into the distance.

"Huh? Nothing," The blond shrugged and pulled his lip ring in between his teeth. Truth was, he had nothing on his mind. It was like a vacuum inside his head.

Michael raised his brows, waiting for Luke to give in but as he realized Luke would keep his mouth shut, Michael exhaled audibly and did the same.

Basically, the next five minutes they were walking in silence up until Michael halted in front of a yellow walled block house. Luke huffed.

"Um, is this..."

He never finished his sentence.

"It's not going to be that bad," Michael exclaimed and stepped on the porch, turning back at Luke and waiting for him to follow. Only with hesitation did Luke give himself defeated and stood beside him, but not without mumbling "stress it on 'that'" under his breath.

Biting his lip and wondering if it weren't a better idea to just turn around and leave, Michael ghosted his hand over the bell. Apparently he contemplated to long since Luke impatiently started to tap his left foot to the ground, the constant beat getting on Michael's nerves.

"Can you stop it?" Michael sighed and Luke's answer was a simple "I don't have all time."

Muttering incoherent words Michael pushed the bell and heard the ringing sound from inside. A few objects falling to the ground, telling the two boys that the person was clearly rushing o the front door.

A few moments later the wooden door swung open, revealing a panting girl with her pink hair out of place and just dressed in a with paint stained white shirt and also dirty white jeans. Her pale face was partly sparkling glitter and she didn't bother wearing shoes, causing her feet to catch blue color.

Luke's eyes almost fell out of his sockets and he wondered if it was all just a big prank.

"Hi boys!" Angel exclaimed sympathetically and sent a bright smile to Michael before her eyes lingered on Luke making him feel uncomfortable. Angel didn't hide the fact that she was checking him out from head to toe and Luke felt naked in front of her even though he had very well only long sleeved clothes on. The girl's head shot up as she gave the blond a genuine smile. Luke only managed to crack a crooked one back.

Michael on the other hand, he tried to keep his laughter off, knowing how Luke felt at the moment.

With a swift hand motion she gestured the boys to come inside, Michael shutting the door behind him as the three walked down the hallway.

At first Luke silently told Michael with a glare that he refused to get his hair done by Angel. Sure, he only saw her once but the pink haired girl already left her impression and Luke wasn't really positive about her.

Michael though, he just glared back and purposely bumped Luke to whisper in his ear, his raspy voice giving Luke cool chills down his spine. "Either you take this offer or leave it."