Steve Rogers || One night, One mistake

I sat up in my cold bed, sweat beads formed at the base of my hairline and some hairs clung to my face. I closed my eyes for a split second then the feeling hit me again. The sharp pain in my stomach sent me rushing to the bathroom once again. I crumbled at the base of the toilet and immediately threw up, for the 3rd time this morning. After a few minutes of struggling I stood up, holding onto the sink beside me and washed my face and quivering lips. I pulled the sweaty clothes off of my shivering body and stepped into the shower, turning it on to a high heat setting. I let the hot water take over and warm me up. I gently rinsed my hair and washed it. After a good half an hour I stepped out and wrapped a towel around my body softly, my hands still shaky.

After getting dressed in some comfortable clothes I walked out to Bruce's lab. He was there even though it was only 7 am. I pushed the door open.

-Hey...do you think you could run a blood test for me quickly?-I asked as he turned around startled.

-Everything okay?-he asked gathering the supplies from different cabinets. I stayed silent, he looked at me with concern in his eyes.

-I uh....I think I'm...pregnant.-I whispered as he cleaned my arm, he looked up and his eyes went wide.

-I didn't know you were seeing someone.-He responded and carried on, gently inserting the needle.

-I'm not....it was a one time thing. I'm on the pill but....-I said wincing as he pulled the used needle from my arm. He nodded and closed the lid on the vial of blood. I sat and watched intently as he placed it in the machine and waited for the result. My hands began to shake again and horrible thoughts rushed through my mind with a heavy force. I couldn't possibly  be pregnant....it can't happen. Not now, not from him. Minutes that felt like hours passed when Bruce gasped.

-Oh no...-I whispered and tears began to spill from my tired eyes. I stood up quickly but fell back into my chair, getting dizzy all of a sudden. All I could think about was the fact that I needed to get away from here, it was clearly way too dangerous to raise a child in the compound.

-Go talk to Fury.-Bruce said as if he had read my mind and held his hand out for me with a gentle smile, I gratefully took it and he helped me to my room. As soon as he closed the door behind him I dialled Fury's number.

"Hello Y/n, is everything okay?" his voice was gentle but concerned, after all it was 7am.

"I need to move out of the compound immediately Director. I'm pregnant." I responded with a shaky voice hoping he would understand.

"Pack your bags, I'll message you the co-ordinates for your new home. But do tell Maximoff. She'll worry" he said and hung up before I could respond. I sighed in relief and basically ran to Wanda's room. I knocked lightly and she opened the door still in bed. I laughed lightly and walked in.

-Hey.-she yawned and patted the bed beside her, I smiled and sat down.

-I'm pregnant Wanda.-I whispered with my voice breaking as tears fell down my face again.

-I know. You're about 8 weeks.-she responded and hugged me gently with a smile on her face.

-H...how do you know?-I asked hugging her back.

-I know you like I know myself. The past few weeks you've been extremely cautious and hungry....like all the time. And have you seen your skin?-she explained and I chuckled lightly for a moment.

-Does he know?-I asked her and she shook her head and I muttered "good" in relief.

-You're leaving us aren't you?-she asked me and I hugged her tighter than before. She sighed deeply, knowing the answer.