Chapter One: The Beginning

3rd person POV

You were lost in the woods, but even then you were safer than you had been in years. After wondering in whatever direction was away from that awful village, you still found nothing. There was no sign of life not even a single animal is to be heard. Then you hear the snap of a stick, you whip around to look but still nothing. All of a sudden you were surrounded by what looked human but...not.
These things had human figures but we're furry or just really hairy, you couldn't tell and you really didn't want to get close enough to know. These creatures had sharp blood stained teeth, you could tell as they were growling at you. To say you were scared would be one hell of an understatement, try more like petrified, but you didn't show it. If there is one thing you learned at that hell hole of a village it's don't let your guard down and don't show emotions especially fear. You had become almost emotionless, one more thing is all it would take. The monsters started to charge but the villagers who had been looking for you attacked those things.
Suddenly you woke up from the nightmare you had, covered in a cold sweat, breathing in a calm manner though. The thing of it is that nightmare was a memory from 8 years ago when you were 10, but you still tried to escape every chance you got. That night years ago showed you that if you escape you would need to be strong enough to take those monsters and hide your tracks. So while trying to escape you practiced, anytime you weren't doing that you were working out. After 8 years of doing this you had managed to get a sword, bow and arrows to help with hunting and your escape.

___________YOUR POV________________
Today is the day were I leave this place for good. Now while I don't care or feel for these people, I made a promise to the only person to ever show me even the slightest of kindness and affection, that I won't break. I promised her that no matter what happened I would try my best to no kill any of them because she was such a pure soul she didn't want anyone to die, not by my hands anyways. Back to how I plan to escape, now they come in about 4 times a day to deliver my beatings. So when the night falls and it is time for my last beating of the day I will hide so they think I escaped leaving the door wide open in their rush to find me.
Once the two in charge of todays late night beating ran out scared that I was long gone I came out of the trunk in my room. Now I knew there were two guards outside each door of the house, so while on the second floor I used a window to get to the roof. Once on the roof I made sure to stay hidden and watched as most the men in the village left to try and find me. After they left I made my way to the least guarded area around the Perimeter of the village on the southeast side. I then jumped from the roof top to the closest tree branch not making a single sound.
Once in the trees I hop from branch to branch being as silent as possible. After making it a few miles away I head to where I stashed my weapons and backpack of supplies, from one of my other "escapes". Well it was less of an escape and more of a plan to plant my stuff for my real escape plan. I continue for an hour the entire time I felt uneasy like I was being watched and I knew it was the Lycans. Through the years I learned that's what those monsters were called.
After walking a few more feet I heard footsteps behind me. The growling noises from my left and right, so I made sure nothing was near in front of me and took off in a dead sprint. I heard a few lycans chase me while the others dealt with with the footsteps, who I assumed were the group of villagers looking for me. I knew the lycans were gaining on me because they had the advantage of living in and knowing these woods. I also knew I would have to deal with them soon or else I would be killed.
I prepared for this so now all I had to do was figure out how many there are. While running I take my bow and notched an arrow, ready to fire I jump over a log and turn to fire at the closest one. Before I could hit the ground I turned back, as I shot the first lycan I saw there were a total of 4 lycans. 1 down 3 more to go, while still running one tackled me sending my bow away from me. I was on my back trying to stop it from biting me, as this happened i was scratched and clawed at with a few hitting me. I was able to grab my sword to stab the one on me, I didn't get a instant kill just injured it.
After scaring it of me it was prepared to lung again but before it could there was a bell in the distance. Once the bell rang it was like they forgot about me and left me there confused as to who rang the bell and why they left. I was not going to stick around to find out or let them come back to finish the job so I collected my things and left. When I was a few miles away and knew I was safe I took out the supplies I had packed and stitched myself up. Once I was bandage up I packed up ready to continue my journey.
I spent the next few hours making my way southeast to find a new place to call home. After a while I found a cave that would be perfect to set up in for the night as long as no other animal has made it their home. Once inside the cave I studied it to see if any animal was living here recently but there was nothing. It is about 4 in the morning so I set up to get at least 2 or 3 hours of sleep. I had set up traps to catch whatever tries to enter the cave alerting me to the danger.
____________________________________
Hope you enjoy. Sorry if this is terrible I am new to writing stories. Hope you all stay safe peace out.