XXIII

CHAPTER TWENTY THREE!"He really loves you

"He really loves you."

     It's not hard to keep calm, right? Just listen to what she has to say and maybe you won't have to break up with your boyfriend today

     She was smart to ask to spark. Smoking is probably the only thing that could calm your nerves. The two of you walked to a nearby beach, sitting by the water together.

"Did you..."

"Eren's not cheating on you."

     You each spoke over each other accidentally. You gently laughed, "You can go," you told her.

     She nodded, taking a hit from the blunt before handing it to you. "Eren and I have been hanging out. As friends. I thought that you knew about it."

     You nodded, handing it back to her after you took your own hit. "I didn't, obviously," you laughed again. "I don't care if you guys hang out. You were best friends, I know how important that is. I just hate that he lied to me."

     She nodded, "Me too. I can only imagine how that must've made things look. But, really, Eren would never do something like that."

     You shrugged, "I wouldn't put it past him."

     She nodded, "Definitely fits the looks part of it. Like something out of Twilight."

     You both laughed, looking over at each other. "In the three months you guys have been together...how many times has he fucked up?" she asked, pulling her knees up to her chest.

     You shrugged, "This makes twice, I guess. I'm not...mad. On a scale from 1-10, I'd say I'm at like five. There's worse things he could've done than lie to spend time with his best friend."

"You seemed like you were at a ten earlier."

"I was at a 20, actually," you said, making her laugh. "Armin was being weird, and he lied to my face. Then you and Eren come out of the back of the shop together, it just didn't look good."