Chapter 16

Author p.o.v:

As the group got ready to leave the hotel, they didn't realize that it was already dark. Jungkook was relieved as he got to be close to y/n. He wanted to protect her at all costs. And on the hand, y/n was happy as well. She almost lost Jungkook once and didn't wish to take that risk again. 

 On the other side of Busan city, Captain Yeonjun's team was searching for Kim Jihoon. Meanwhile, General Kim was on his way to the navy ship located in Busan's ocean along with Dr.Jung and his crew of doctors. He was planning on making use of the empty ship as a laboratory for Dr.Jung to work. 

Captain Yeonjun's team looked all over the Busan hospital for Dr.Kim, but couldn't find him. He contacted General Kim to let him know that he was not able to locate the doctor. General.Kim asked him to abort the mission and return to safety. He was beyond frustrated because of the situation. 

He went to Dr.Jung's lab to speak to him. "Listen here doc, we need an antitode and we need it ASAP. We can't find Dr.Kim JI Hoon. He is not in Busan according to the information we got. We need plan B." He said. "I understand, I'll try my best to come up with something." Dr.Jung replied. 

"And Hoseok, I have something important to say." He used his first name. "The chances of us surviving is like below 4%. I don't wanna let you out of my sight. You're the only one who can come up with a cure to this epidemic." Hoseok sighed and nodded as he realized the horrors of the situation.

"I have decided to move to the oceans, we will be safer there and I could help clear the southern part of the country. So what do you say?" Namjoon suggested. Hoseok thought about it and agreed to the plan. 

Namjoon made a few calls to the Busan coastal guard and made sure that the ship was ready with a laboratory. Hoseok packed up his briefcase with all the important samples and documents. His mind told him to leave behind the extra samples but his heart said the opposite. He decided to take it with him just in case. 

They took a helicopter to Busan. Hoseok was siting against the window and Namjoon opposite to him. They looked out the helicopter. The city was in ruins. A few buildings on fire and few had totally collapsed.

The city looked abandoned. No life anywhere. Hoseok thought to himself about his family living in Gwanju. 

Now that he thought about it he realized he never called them to make sure they were okay. He took his phone out quickly and dialed his sister's number. He waited anxiously for her to pick up. "Hello?" His mother's voice said. "Eomma!" He let out a sigh. "Hoseok-ah, where are you? Are you safe?" His mother asked, her voice a little shaky. "I'm safe, I'm going to stay at the rescue camp in Busan. Where are you guys? Is noona safe?" He questioned. 

"Yes, we are all safe. We were taken to a special survival by your friend, his name was-" She thought for a while and said, "Kim Namjoon." Hoseok looked at Namjoon who had a reassuring smile on his face. He smiled back thankfully. 

"I'm glad." He said. "Stay safe eomma, take care of Noona for me." "Yes, are you take care too, I'll hang up now bye." The line disconnected. "Thank you so much Namjoon." He said. "I don't know what I would've done if they weren't safe." "Hey, don't thank me, was just fulfilling my duty." Namjoon said. 

*Time Skip*

Y/n p.o.v:

We left the hotel and started walking towards the direction of the beach. I kept checking my phone to make sure the other group was safe. They were a couple miles ahead of us as they left the hotel first. "Hey y/n don't be so anxious, I know Jin hyung will keep everyone safe." Tae oppa tried to calm me down. I don't think it worked though.

I am scared, and I am pretty sure that the others are too but they're just good at hiding it. I started to take heavy breaths and my chest was becoming tighter. No one noticed and that's a relief. I just need to walk a bit more and we would be safe. 

My vision started becoming blurry, I couldn't see properly and everything is dizzy. My legs started giving up. "H-hey are you okay?" I heard Rose ask. I just nodded. She kept stealing glances at me. "I'm okay Rose, go ahead." I reassured. She looked back at me with worried eyes. I smiled slightly. 

It's getting harder to walk, I can feel my legs wobbling. The ground feels like its moving. I dropped down to the ground and held my head that was pounding. I heard muffled voices and saw shadows moving around me. I assumed it was Jungkook and Rose. 

"Keep your eyes open, come on Y/n, don't close your eyes!" I heard a voice as someone kept splashing water on me. I couldn't stay awake any longer and closed my eyes and let the darkness take over me. 

Author p.o.v:

The minute she fainted, the group started to panic. Taehyung called Jin's number and he picked up immediately. "What's the matter?" He asked. "Y-y/n, She f-fainted," Taehyung said and explained the situation. 

Jin cursed at the situation and told them to carry y/n to the nearest seven-eleven store. As said, Jungkook carried y/n and the group started walking to the nearest store. As soon as they found one, they went into it and waited for Jin to arrive.