PROLOGUE

FOREWARNING:
mentions of blood and triggering actions.

this is an au where the traveller and their twin never fought the unknown god, where they were never in teyvat in the first place. a place where dain roams alone without the memory of a travelling companion, where the traveler never fought childe in the golden house and where it was jean, diluc and venti who fought dvalin. albeit, the other known nations will still be mentioned, as well as their ruling archons.

—  STATUE OF THE OMNIPRESENT GOD

The battlefield was absolutely hectic. From the often sounds of pain and stabbing to the shedding of tears and blood of fallen comrades and enemies. So far, the opposing was beginning to win—the Vision Hunt Decree had the upperhand. Those under the care and aiding the Sangonomiya, Kamisato and L/N clan were all beginning to fall one by one, piece by piece, person by person.

Ayato grips his sword tighter as he swung it at an enemy before meeting back-to-back with his sister, Ayaka. Though the two were faithful in both the Resistance and their comrades, the two siblings were beginning to lose hope. Their blue eyes scanned the scene while fighting off the opposing, and Ayato begins to notice something

"Where's Y/N?" he yells over the battle noises, his poise and rational attitude had dissipated (not like he cared, the battlefield waits for no one). His sister looks around, panting. The tuft of H/C was nowhere seen on the fighting grounds, causing a flicker of panic to wash through both the Kamisatos' beings.

"She was with Kokomi—" Ayaka cuts herself off when she turns to the dual-haired priestess who was even beginning to struggle. "Where—?" she couldn't breathe properly with how much she had exerted herself, worrying her older brother.

"Stand down for a bit," Ayato commands his sister, shielding her from an incoming attack by sending a wave of hydro at one of the enemies who dared to attack from behind the oldest daughter of the Kamisato clan. The heas of the clan clicks his tongue and looks around, trying to convince himself that Y/N would be okay, is okay. He didn't want to lose hope in the head of the L/N clan, but the sliver of faith he had grasped in his hand slipped through his slender fingers.

Ayaka catches the frown on Ayato's face and places a hand on his shoulder before whispering in his ear, "She's definitely okay, you know her. Lady Y/N is not gonna stand down to these people no matter what," she breathes out through her lips, still unable to stabilize her breathing. Ayato smiles at his sister and glares at a decree scum and sends another wave.

"You need to meet with Kazuha, he'll keep you safe while I look for Y/N. Please, sister, don't defy me," he hugs her tight. Ayaka frowns and furrows her brows but nods nonetheless.

"I pray for your return, Ayato. Stay safe." It came out more as a command, a plead rather than a blessing, but Ayato nods and urges his sister to leave. Just then, another attack came from behind him, which he immediately counters with his weapon. If he was going to find his ally, he was gonna go to every extent and every possible solution to get her back.

Y/N also wanted what the Raiden Shogun did, but not in this way. The clan head wanted the best for her nation, of course, and for it to prosper forever, but if it would progress like this, what good is there in the future? Inazumans were being opressed, memories and ambitions were and are being lost, hell, even lives are meeting the same fate.

It did nothing but pain Y/N. It hurt her knowing that her fellow vision bearers are losing themselves and their memories, their dreams. That was all that circulated in her mind when she stood on the farthest side of the battlefield, unseen from the others as she pressed harder on the wound on her lower left abdomen. Her polearm was the only thing keeping her from falling but her grip was beginning to falter. Y/N was face-to-face with none other than Her Excellency, who bore a straight face as she began to step closer and closer to the L/N.

"You are an enemy of eternity," the moled woman starts, using the tip of her spear to make Y/N face her, "Your vision shall be pressed on the forehead of this statue, to show that I have killed even one of the strongest clans." The clan head grits her teeth and pulls her head back from the spear, ignoring the slight cut it had given her.

"I'm afraid the only vision that will be taken is yours when I pluck your eyes out of your dead body and wear them as earrings like a trophy," Y/N spits and licks the blood off her teeth, panting heavily. Raiden squints her violet eyes at this, humming in curiosity.

"Or perhaps I should hang your body above the statue as a solid proof of your death," she grabs Y/N's chin and forces the clan head to look at her.

"You've stolen the dreams and memories of people, whether or not they were close to me. This life or another, I will always choose to defy you, Almighty Shogun," the clan head smirks, igniting the fire of anger in the archon even further.

"It truly is a shame to see that your battle is so sadly one-sided. Here, I shall end your suffering." The Raiden Shogun dematerializes her polearm and steps back, hovering her palm over her chest before it began.

The power of the Musou no Hitachi.

Y/N's eyes widen. This was the second time she had seen the power of the Almighty Shogun in person, the first was when her friend, Thoma's vision was about to be taken before Yoimiya helped stop the ceremony alongside the said clan head before making a quick retreat. Along with the faces of the two other pyro users, the memories shared with them and her other allies ran through her head, faster than lightning, ironically.

This was it. Y/N knew that the time where she loses would come, but against the Shogun? Dying in the hands of the one she despises most was both a pleasure and a regret. The place she'd die would be on the battlefield, before the Raiden Shogun; the time would be just when the sun rose in the horizon.

"Y/N!"

On a different day.

"Ayato?" she calls back in a whisper, turning to the owner of the voice who sprinted towards both she and the archon, but at the sight of the Musou no Hitachi, he stops. The Kamisato looks to his wounded friend, the worry in his eyes growing. Y/N shakes her head, telling him to not come any closer. "Stay there," she mouths. Ayato shakes his head and summons his sword. "Please," the noble begs silently as tears began to well up in the corner of her eyes. The hydro user across has the same reaction, his veiny hands concealed by his gloves gripping the greatsword even tighter.

"Now, you shall perish."