FIVE

THEY, WHO RETURN.

Once again, they sat in the interrogation room. The air felt disgustingly warm and heavily tense, it almost choked one of the soldiers who kept guard and track of the noblewoman. She silently sighs, not breaking eye-contact with a certain brown-eyed brunet across her.

"Time and time again, I've told you. I have no ill will against any of you. I just want to find my way back home," Y/N reasons, hoping that they'd let her go. Kureto chuckles in a provocative manner, irking Y/N even further. She could tell her words went through one ear out the other.

"This isn't why I called you here," he shakes his head and pulls something out of his pocket, making Y/N sit up straight in case it was a weapon. Her suspicions die down when she notices it was just a piece of paper. The noblewoman strains her eyes and concludes that it was a picture, but of who or what? "Do you know this person?" Kureto flips the film over to reveal a blurry figure of a samurai in white, red and black. Y/N's eyes go wide when she sees the streak of red amongst the tuft of white.

"Where is he?" she asks as she stands up abruptly, the chair screeching unsatisfyingly but thankfully covered by the sound of her slightly-gloved hands slamming on the metal table. Kureto smirks and leans back on his chair.

"So you do?"

"Where is he?" the latter repeats, leaning closer to Kureto. They were barely a measurement apart, but this only makes him leer further. 

"I asked first," he mocks, going back to their first interaction. "I'll tell you what I know of his whereabouts only if you tell me who this man is," Kureto bargains, turning up the tension in the room that was so thick, you could see it if you squint. This is what Guren did on the other side of the two-way mirror, narrowing his eyes at Y/N who breathes in to answer.

She sits down. "Kaedehara Kazuha. He's still but a boy. He works with me in the resistance against Her Excellency," she recollects herself. "Why on Teyvat is he here. . ." the clanwoman mutters to herself, lacing her fingers in front of her. Kureto once again reaches into his pocket, unseen to the aforementioned woman.

"And her?" the lieutenant general drops another picture, but Y/N doesn't need to glance down for she immediately noticed the pink and blue aesthetic of her close friend. "The boy called her 'Your Excellency.' I take it she's not the one you're talking about?" Y/N shakes her head.

"Of course not. It's actually the complete opposite. The one I speak of is our reigning ruler, The Raiden Shogun. She is the one who leads the resistance, Lady Sangonomiya Kokomi. Now answer me. Were these two together when they were seen and where were they?" The buff man across Y/N laughs quietly at her straightforwardness. He sometimes wished his soldiers were more like this. Guren leans in upon these questions.

"A squad came across them, mistaking them for vampires. But then they used some kind of power. They said that the Kaedehara you mentioned blew them away before making a run for it with the lady. They were last seen in the Shibuya branch of our base."

"What else do you know? Was there anyone else?"

"Afraid not," Kureto finishes the the small interrogation ignited by Y/N in a small matter of minutes, though, it seemed like one wasn't ready to part with the said woman.

"Are you aware of our current situation, L/N?" Guren's voice over the speakers rings in their ears. The called noblewoman hums.

"From what I've gathered, you are all against and fighting vampires?" Kureto nods and hums in satisfaction, leaning back on his chair again.

"And that thing you told me about visions. It's true, yes?" At this, the Hiiragi across Y/N narrows his eyes at her. He only knows so much about the visions unlike Guren who managed to hear about it firsthand.

"Well there's no benefit to me if I'm gonna lie to you, no?" Kureto could almost go cross-eyed with how much he's trying to hold back his eye-rolls, but nonetheless listens to her responses and Guren's questions. "Before you ask, yes, those people in the picture wield them as well. Kazuha holds the power of the winds and Lady Sangonomiya with water." Y/N was starting to grow tired of talking. When was she gonna see the two again? What if Her Excellency brought them here as well? What if Sayu was here too and alone, in danger? Would that mean the others have been as well? If so, who? If only she were able to know.

"Are you willing to help us?" Kureto turns to the two-way mirror.

"That isn't something you can initiate yourself, junior branch," he scowls and glares at where Guren is supposed to be standing, ultimately glaring through the wall instead. Guren mutes the PA to chuckle at the gaze over his shoulder before leaning into the mic.

"Not as junior branch, but as head of the MDC," the noiret retorts smoothly with a small smirk creeping onto his thin lips. There was a small glint of mischief flowing around Y/N's eyes, immediately reading Guren's thoughts through the glass. Her roguish eyes glaze over Kureto's serious ones and looks back to the mirror, somehow looking straight at Guren and raises a brow for him to continue. "I said earlier that we're in the Shinjuku branch right now. If you come with us, we'll help you find your friends."

To which Y/N shrugs. "Oh, but you heard your boss. I'm but a fragile woman, right? What if something happens to me on the battlefield, hm?" the noblewoman sighs dramatically as she slowly leans away 'til her back met the chair. Kureto clicks his tongue with a roll of his eyes, letting the annoyance wash over him.

The taller man rubs the space between his brows before looking up. "This is the one time I'll allow you to leave. One. If I see any suspect movements, you're staying here. Got it?" This time, Y/N rolls her eyes, intentionally making it visible to allow Kureto to see her annoyance. Gods, he was definitely getting under her skin.

"Honestly. How many times have I said that the only thing I want to do here is to find a way back? There is nothing I wish to do to your organization," she sighs tiredly and shifts her gaze to the two photographs of the blurry figures of her two friends. "My mouth is starting to feel numb from repeating it." From behind the two-way mirror, Guren chuckles and shakes his head, poking the inside of his cheek with his tongue. She's real gutsy, talking to the big boss like that, he thought. 

Kureto never thought this would happen, but be real, who did? A woman seeming Japanese suddenly appears in the vampire-ridden streets in a pool of her own blood is something no one would think was bound to happen, especially now. With the war between their kind and those bloodsuckers, there is no time to be daydreaming, let alone fantasizing. The aforementioned woman says she's from a different nation, a world, no less. It was absurd. Not to mention her crazy talk about this stuff about visions.

The muscly man breathes in and sighs. "Alright, alright. Guren, make sure you and your team leads her to Shibuya safely. If there's no movement from your friends within two hours, you're returning to Shinjuku, you got me?" 

To which Y/N replies with another obvious eye roll. "Why, yes, your majesty. Crystal."

"Just go."

1290 WORDS

we're gonna see kerkermi and kazooha !!!