ONE

SHE, WHO DOES NOT RETURN.

Y/N awoke in pain, screaming and writhing all while pressing hard on the wound on her abdomen. Tears welled in her eyes, unable to withstand the pain any longer. She had dematerialized her weapon and panted heavily as she laid her forehead on the ground, trying to focus on applying pressure on the injury. It surprised her knowing she was still alive even after she lost so much blood.

Wait.

She's alive?

The clan head shot up, ignoring the pain in her back. She sat in the middle of an endless road on her knees and looked around, letting her H/C eyes glaze over the area. Surrounding her were abandoned buildings coated with moss, vines and cracks, with a height that could rival the Tenshukaku of the Raiden Shogun. The concrete she sat on had a small pool of her own crimson liquid accompanied by a few dead leaves and cracks here and there. Y/N's breathing remained heavy, causing her to feel a bit lightheaded.

Questions a many flowed through her head. How was she able to survive the power of the Musou no Hitachi a second time, injured, at that? And how were the others—Ayato, especially. The image of Kokomi flashed before her eyes, making Y/N grow worried. What if they were hurt, or worse?

The poor woman started to overthink, distracting her from the pain in her lower abdomen, but was immediately brought back to reality when she heard a voice.

"You!" a deep, feminine voice calls. Y/N freezes and slowly looks over her shoulder while debating whether or not she should summon her weapon. Could it be a member of the Shogunate?

"Who are you?" another voice asks, this time male. Y/N's body remained faced away, concealing both her gushing wound and pyro vision which laid in front of her hip. Other than her vision being taken, another concern popped into her mind. How do they not know her? "Oi, I asked you a question!" Gee, what beautiful manners. Slowly, the noble exhales and materializes her weapon to keep herself standing like she did earlier, but the people across seemed to have taken it as a threat and gripped their own weapons tighter.

"What a surprise, I've never met someone who's asked me that question before," Y/N chuckles, voice raspy and tired. A blond male holding a smoke pipe clicks his tongue.

"We asked you a question." Y/N knew this was the one with. . . interesting mannerisms. She hums and grips her polearm.

"I. . ." she suddenly felt like she couldn't breathe, as though someone had kicked the air out of her lungs. The noblewoman coughs into her hand slightly covered by her tekkou and pants heavily, eyes fixated on the ground but all she saw was blurs. Instead of introducing herself, Y/N relays how she felt, "can't breathe—" the tired woman collapsed not long after. She couldn't discard her weapon before she passed out, so she laid on her front with her slender fingers barely grasping the spear.

The five people in front of her looked at each other, confused. One with a red ponytail slowly walked towards her and checks on her pulse before her eyes looked over to the pool of blood that begun to grow. "She's losing a lot of blood," the tall lady states, looking over to the brunet, who returned the eye contact with his purple gaze. He furrows his eyebrows and lets his eyes move to the unconscious woman.

"What should we do, lieutenant colonel?" the man holding a smoke pipe asks, taking a drag whilst waiting for his commander's answer. The militant surveys the area. There were no vampires in sight, nor any of the sort. Not even a horseman of the apocalypse.