FOUR

HER

"The Yashiro Commission calls for L/N Khan to be the next heir of the L/N clan under the order of the Kamisato clan."

An uproar exploded in the hall of the large building, the Tenshukaku. Other nobles under the Yashiro Commission yell at the current master of their leading clan-Lord Ayumu. Lady Zenji cleared her throat loudly as to call order in the court. When this isn't heard, she makes the ground shake rather violently. Once those clamoring had calmed down, the geo vision resting on Zenji's neck had stopped it's loud humming and excessive glowing due to strong usage while her two children sitting by her right had their lips pulled down into a frown at the protests against their friend being a leader.

A young, white-haired boy leans forward to catch sight of his fellow nobles, locking eyes with Y/N and her brother, Khan. The latter smiles sadly whereas the other looked to the hardwood ground while tucking a lock of hair behind her ear.

One of the other clan leaders slowly raises his hand. Ayumu gestures for him to speak. "But my lord, he is a foreigner! How would someone of another nation lead an Inazuman clan?" A sound between a groan and a sigh leaves the Kamisato head, the same man resisting the urge to pinch the bridge of his nose. Instead, his eyebrows furrow in frustration. Seeing her husband in visible ire, Zenji speaks.

"Do you solely believe that one who is of another land cannot lead a family? A community? Leadership is not given to one at birth, but earned through respect and clarity. So do tell me, Lord Harue, was yours earned or given to you because you asked for it?"

Silence follows by after the strong woman's words of intellect. Her son Ayato couldn't help but snicker silently but immediately straightens his posture when his kid sister hits him with her fan. Y/N, who saw this tiny ordeal covers her mouth and clears her throat to stifle a laugh, making Ayato smile a bit. Another clan leader raises their hand.

"Lady Zenji, Lord Ayumu, with all due respect, do you know what position you're putting the poor boy in? I completely understand that you are putting your trust in this boy to lead the L/N clan but their first daughter has just as much power to lead their family!" a woman yells, softly punching the table as she makes her oh-so amazing point. Ayumu is about to speak, but Y/N beats him to it.

"If I may?" she raises a hand as she consents to speak. Zenji and Ayumu share a look before nodding at her, giving her permission to give these idiots a piece of mind. Y/N clears her throat. "I get where you're coming from, Lady Chiharu, but the faith, trust and respect I have in my brother is just the amount my family and the Kamisato clan holds for him, and what you should too. Yes, your trust is probably wavering because he is not Inazuman, but do you not see how strong he can be? Khan holds the L/N name, and if someone like you can lead the Ansato family to victory, surely my brother can."

The woman known as Chiharu straightens up and furrows her eyebrows at the fifteen-year-old girl who now had a small smile on her features-full of mischief and fictitious. "I'm. . . I'm sorry, is that an insult?"

"Of course not, my lady, you've got it wrong."

"What my sister is trying to say is: you've gained enough respect to withhold your position for years. What makes you think I cannot do the same? Could it be because we are not of the same nation? Or same color of skin?" Khan cuts in, voice and posture flooding with confidence. The Kamisato family, his own sister and the officials in the room immediately shut up, the same way they all obeyed Zenji, who looks to him with pride flooding her eyes. Ayumu smiles a bit and closes his eyes with a nod, agreeing with the young boy.