TWO

- SHE, WHO IS NOT MERCIFUL

Hiiragi? That was a name Y/N recognized despite not being from this world. The noble hums and inspects him. A sword by his hip, kept hair and pretty strong build. His shoulders were wide and his thighs were thick. Focus, Y/N.

"Now, if you're done checking me out, you best start stating your name." At this, closes her eyes and rolls them before setting her gaze on her polearm behind Kureto, itching to reach for it. She always felt exposed without it in her inventory or hands.

"L/N Y/N. Might I ask why you've come to speak to me?" she finally replies, tearing her eyes away from her weapon. Kureto doesn't give an actual answer and instead replies with: "Come with me," before opening the door and exiting curtly.

Confused, Y/N follows as said, but not without touching her polearm and dematerializing it with her middle finger before finally letting out a silent sigh of relief and follows the Hiiragi out the room after shutting the door.

It was relieving, no longer having to breathe the suffocating air of bleach in that dreaded room. Her nose was less irritated as she proceeded to follow Kureto with quiet, graceful steps and a high head, just as she was trained to do so. Y/N trained her eyes on the back of the lieutant general, noting his posh behavior. She could tell this man is strict just by the way he spoke earlier, but reminded herself to be wary of his swordsmanship. It is quite obvious that he is strong, but is he on par with her?

Kureto stopped and opened a door to a room, waiting for Y/N to step in first. She does so, but doesn't mutter a small thanks. A policy her father taught her was to never express gratitude to someone unless you know they're worth of your trust. It was hilarious, to her at least, but those words her father spoke was like a tiny unsaid rule of hers.

The room they'd entered was cramped, but another door was revealed as soon as they went in. A room in a room? That aside, the most noticable the place was the large window displaying what was on the other side, and what was most likely behind the other door. Y/N spotted a large table, two chairs on either side and two armed men on the farthest side wearing a uniform similar to Kureto and Guren but with green secondary colors, making the noblewoman assume that the colors depended on the rank.

She turns to the Hiiragi, catching sight of Guren and an extremely tall man with intimidating features eerily similar to Kureto's. This man was definitely his father. He had an eye patch which eventually morphed into a mask, covering half his face. His large build practically towered over Y/N, keeping her in his shadow. His gloved hands kept its grip on his cane which seemed like it was struggling to keep up with his height. The tall man's only eye squinted at her, as if glowering. Y/N didn't hesitate to return it.

"Here," Kureto was now ahead of her, holding the other door open. The noblewoman sighs mentally, knowing that she'll have to be contained once more. Praying, she hoped that it wouldn't reek of bleach or anything that would hurt her head like before. Y/N enters the other room, chin up. She sits on the chair on the farthest side of the room, the one in front of two armed men. Her E/C gaze lands on what was supposed to be the window, but was instead met with a mirror. Curious, she thought. Kureto sits across her.

"Disarm yourself," he demands sternly with no other words. Y/N raises a brow.

"And what will you do if I don't?" The unsheathing of a knife and a gun reloading behind her was enough an answer. "Ah," she says in fake surprise, not at all shocked about it. The clan head expected at least someone to resort to such solutions should she resist.