✧༺ GOLDEN ༻✧

"Start singing the bhajan, dear child", said an old woman of about fifty while sitting in the shade of the big banyan tree with her friends in the hot afternoon.
The child gave a perplexed look. He started...
We shall overcome,
We shall overcome one day
Deep in my heart I do
beseech,
We shall overcome one
day.....

Suddenly he felt his cheek burning. His cheek had a shade of red. The old woman had slapped him hard.
Krishna, while crying, asked her, "Why did you slap me, Thakumaa? "
His Thakumaa, Kishori, who was mother of the village sarpanch Mr. Devraj Bannerjee, felt humiliated in front of all ladies.

One of the ladies said, "Kishori, your grandchild has no Indian values in him. Your son will surely suffer in old age if his son learns this villayati culture. "

Kishori held Krishna's hand and ran back to her house.
Entering her house, Kishori started screaming while Devraj was having lunch while sitting on his chair.
"Control your child, Devraj beta. I must say it would benefit you if you get Krishna out of that villayati school.He is taught only their beliefs and culture. He has forgotten Indian values, bhajans dedicated to Indian Gods.He sings the villayati prayers being an Indian. He will soon forget to respect and care for his family if he continues going to that villayati school. "

Devraj, who seemed tensed started, "Maa, You know that I want Krishna to become next sarpanch of Tulsipur. For this, he must go to school as he needs to get basic education to qualify for sarpanch election in future. I can't stop his schooling. "
Kishori replied, "Then beta, find some way of teaching him Indian ethics and granths and not those villayati ideas. "

Devraj, after thinking a little, "Haan maa, I have thought about it earlier and today I will talk to the villagers and zamindar babu too. "

Devraj went to the Roy Chowdhary haveli where every month a meeting consisting of sarpanch and other panchs, villagers and zamindars was held to ensure smooth functioning of the village system.
The villagers had gathered. Trilochan Roy Chowdhary, Anirudh and Bondita were to attend the meeting.
The meeting started where the villagers were asked about their problems. In order to solve their problems, either mutual settlements were made or financial aid was provided by Roy Chowdhary to ensure peace and prosperity.
Devraj, stood up from his chair and headed to the raised platform in front of the RC haveli to make an announcement.

"Our village and villagers have been very close to their roots. I want to take our young children a step closer to our roots. I want to keep a proposal in front of you people. Since, there is only one school in Tulsipur, Oak Leaf High School, an English school with western education, I want to build a new school which would be an Indian school. There Indian education would be prominent and this would give employment to the villagers as teaching and non-teaching staff too.I want to know if you people agree to my proposal. "

The villagers conversed among themselves.The villages were amazed by the idea that the children would learn Indian values in school.

Devraj continued, "In the school, there will be lessons based on ancient Hindu texts. Every child would learn different arts from the Vedas and Puranas. The Ramayana and Mahabharata would be the foundation of their lives. They will learn the Indian values of respecting parents, living with the rules of Indian society, without questioning and breaking our customs.Their minds would no more be filled with the useless villayati knowledge. "

The loud sounds of a Yes from the crowd of villagers filled the air.
Trilochan Roy Chowdhary was pleased with this idea and announced that he would donate land for the establishment of an Indian school. He was happy since ancient tradition of children being taught by gurus, Pandits and maulvis seemed to recede.