Chapter 3: Voices

~Peter~

I walked to my tent and just collapsed on my bed. I sighed and stared at the top of my tent. I waved my hand in the air and the roof disappeared. I could now see the stars. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. I sleep better under the stars. I tried to relax, but I was disturbed by stirring. I climb out of my tent and saw that Max was having a hard time settling. I walked to her tent. I stopped at the entrance and knock on the wooded pole in the center. She poked her head out.

"Hi?" She questioned.

"Couldn't sleep?" I figured. She nodded.

"Come on," I said "bring your stuff and follow me."

She nodded again, and her head disappeared back into her tent. I crouched down and looked in. The space was crammed I'll give her that, but I have no idea what she's used to. To be honest I would feel trapped in here, so I she likes where I'm going to put her. I certainly do.

She quickly grabbed her bag that contained her clothes. She also grabbed her bow and arrows. She looked at me.

"Ready love?" I asked

"Don't call me that." She said.

"I can call you whatever I want!" I said "My island, my rules."

"Well I don't follow rules." She snapped.

"Oh, I noticed love."

She glared at me.

"Whoa there love, someone's a bit cranky." I laughed.

"Shut up."

"As you wish." I smirked "Now are you ready love?"

She clenched her jaw and nodded. I backed out of her tent. She soon followed. I gave her a smirk, but she just blinked it away. 'I need to know more about her.' I thought.

I led her to a tree with a ladder.

"Ladies first." I said out stretching my arm. She gave me a fake smile and climbed up the ladder.

"Why are girls so judgmental?" I thought out loud.

"Heard that!" She called to me. I laughed with a smile.

"That because you were supposed to hear it love!" I answered. I climbed up the ladder and met her at top. We were up in a little tree fort. She was walking around looking at everything.

"What do you think?" I asked.

"It's incredible!" she exclaimed. "What is it for?"

"Well, this actually used to be where I lived when I was alone, here in Neverland."

"You lived here?"

"Yeah," I answered "a long, long time ago."

"I could tell." She laughed. I raised my eyebrows and my eyes grew wide. I got her to smile.

"Here," I said sticking out my hand "let me take these."

She handed me her bag, but chose to keep her weapons. I looked at her.

"What?" She asked "I like to keep this stuff handy."

"Whatever you say love." I breathed. I walked to the dresser and placed the bag on it.

I turned to Max. I walked toward a pair of curtains. She scrunched her eyebrows, and I opened the curtains. Her eyes went wide. I smiled as she walked towards the enormous bare window.

"It's beautiful." She whispered.

"That was my favorite part." I admitted. "Looking at the sky was my favorite thing to do when I lived up here. It was also here that I saw the star that allows me to travel to the different realms. It was right here, right where you are standing was where Peter Pan began!"