Chapter Thirteen: Tails From the Past

~Max~

"Swimming?" I asked.

"Yes love," Peter sighed. "Do you have a problem with swimming or something?"

"No, I just ah.....want to ah...clarify what was going on! Yeah that's it!"

"Are you ok Max?" Peter asked unsure about my condition.

"Yeah! Of course! Why wouldn't I be?" I asked trying to hold in the lies.

Pan looked at me.

"Whatever Max, go and get ready."

I bit my lip and went to the treehouse. I figured that if just swim in my undergarments, if I do swim which I probably won't. I quietly grabbed a towel, not wanting to wake Aeron, who apparently was not going to swim and went back down the ladder. I skipped the last couple steps, landing beside Pan.

"Show off." Mumbled Felix.

"Someone's jealous." I smirked.

"Not even close." He laughed.

I pushed him.

"How's Aeron?" He asked.

"Sleeping."

Felix scoffed.

"I know that."

I laughed.

"He's doing better, but the healing is taking forever." I answered. "Was there anything on their weapons?"

Felix looked like he was in hard thought.

"I'm not sure, but I can check when we get back. There's probably a good possibility that there's nothing there, but then there's Hook. I'll give it a check." He assured.

I nodded and walked beside him the rest of the way in silence. Once I began to hear the splashing of water I knew we were close. Bringing up the rear with Felix I tried to take as long as possible.

"What's your problem?" Felix asked as the lagoon came into our view.

"Nothing, why?" I answered.

His facial expression said that he doubted my statement.

"Seriously Felix." I told him.

"Fine, but I'm worried about you."

Felix left me and walked over to the large mess of clothes thrown to the ground. Then, he took his upper garments off along with his shoes, but leaving on his lower garments he jumped into the crystal clear water. 

I inhaled deeply as I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Going in love?" A British accent asked.

I turned my head to face Peter.

"I don't think so." I answered.

Peter looked at with furrowed brows.

"Why not?"

I bit my lip.

"I don't like water." I lied.

"Don't lie to me Max." Peter growled.

Annoyed and not thinking, I ran and jumped into the water.

~Peter~

One minute she says she doesn't like water, and then the next she takes a running start and jumps in.

"Why are girls so weird." I cussed under my breath.

I walked to the edge on the water. I watched in awe as Max emerged. The water completely complemented her body. Her blue eyes sparkled against the water reflection, but her frown ruined the beauty.

She swam my way, but she didn't swim, she more like kicked.

"Afraid of water huh." I smirked.

No response.

"What's the matter love?"

Max looked down a took in a deep breath. She glanced both ways before lifting herself out of the water, only she wasn't herself.

I stood there staring with my eyes wide open.

"What happened?" She asked.

I hesitated before I answered.

"The lagoon waters reveille your true self." I answered.

Max looked at the flipper that replaced her legs. The sun shone and her legs returned.

"Can't get wet." She said as I helped her up. "But why aren't you in the water?"

I sighed and looked away.

"Your afraid of what might come out, aren't you." She said placing a hand lightly on my shoulder.

She took her other hand and lifted up my chin so our eyes met.

"Peter." She whispered.

I smashed my lips onto hers. I ran my hands through her wet hair as she messed my hair with hers. Only parting for short breaths I placed my forehead on hers and pulled her close. Max placed her head on my chest.

"Your right." I whispered tracing  her jaw. "I am afraid."

A/N

Yay! I finished the update!!!!!! I really want to finish this today because................................
IT'S ROBBIE KAY'S BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!! Happy 20th birthday Robbie!!!!!! I love you!!! So anyway I hope you guys enjoyed the update and I'll try to shot for another one later this week!!!! Bye guys, love ya!!!

                        ~loverunning19