Chapter Twenty-Seven: The Heart Of The Truest Beliver

*Please read A/N*

~Peter~

The shadow dropped Max and I off at the camp's entrance. I couldn't help but notice Max's smile as she dug her feet into the ground. I wrapped my arms around her.

"Welcome home." I whispered in her ear.

"It's good to be back." She chuckled kissing my cheek.

She manage to untangle herself from my grip and walk into camp. I could hear Felix and Aeron scream her name. I smiled at the sound, but turned to the thick forest. I sighed and took off into the sky.

My eyes scanned the ocean for skull rock. I flew in through an eye hole and landed lightly on my feet. I walked to hourglass ticking down the time to my demise.

I pulled out a key hidden in the ruffles of my clothes. Locating the spot I placed the key and turned it left hearing that click. Taking a deep breath I pulled out a small wooden box. Closing the little compartment it came out of I carried the box to a rock where I took a seat.

I set the box down in front of me. I felt as if I was being mocked. This box held the key to my eternal youth and I just sat here watching it. I gritted my teeth and threw the box open. Inside was a rolled up piece of paper. I lifted it up and unrolled it revealing a picture of a boy nearly age twelve.

I threw down the box.

"This is what I have to find?"

I read the caption below the image.

"The heart of the truest believer!" I scoffed.

I rolled up the paper and placed it in one of my pockets. With a glance behind me I allow myself to float above the ground and take off into the night.

~Max~

I bite my lip. Peter has been gone for quiet some time now, and it's beginning to get me uneasy going. Sighing I start to pace only to hear Felix let out a relieving yell.

"There you are Pan!"

I turned around my my arms crossed.

"And where in the hell were you dare I ask." I asked extremely anxious for his answer.

Peter came close to me, putting his forehead against mine.

"I'll explain later." He said in a hushed whisper.

I nodded and he stepped back, intertwining our fingers in the process. He led me to his stump and unattached his pipes bringing them to his lips.

I smiled as he began to play the familiar tune. The Lost Boys began to gather around the fire and start their energetic celebration. Felix walked towards me and held out his hand. To looked to Peter for permission, and he nodded his head allowing me to go.

I grabbed Felix's hand and he led me to where Aeron was getting ready to join in the fun. I let the sound consume me as we began to move to the rhythm. Round and round the fire we went laughing and swaying to the beat, and looking at Peter, we weren't going to stop for a long time.

Hours passed and no one looked tired. I looked up at the sky and just as about the sun would rise, Peter began to slow down the song. I looked around and noticed that one by one the Lost Boys retreated into their tents. Felix and Aeron were the last two to go.

I walked to Peter and he grabbed my waist, pulling me close to him.

"You should get some sleep." He whispered in my ear.

Without my response he picked me up bridal style, as walked me to his tent. He placed me down first before taking off his boots and laying down beside me. Kissing my forehead he pulled me close to him.

Feeling uneasy at first to fall asleep I watched the rise and fall of Peter's chest, but quickly realizing that here, with him, nothing could get me I let my droopy eyes get the best and soon fall asleep, home, in Neverland.

A/N
Hey guys!!!!!! I'm back and sorry for not updating in FOREVER. I got my phone taken away for a while and I was never able to catch up with my writing, but there are only two more chapters in this story until I end it, so I'm hoping to post both of them this week and actually finish this story.

So..............a sequel?

~loverunning19