Chapter Ten: Return

~Max~

Two more days past and Aeron, Felix, and I were getting pretty close. We learned about each others past, but right now only Peter knows that I'm the daughter of the Evil Queen.

On the fifth morning I exited Peter's tent rubbing my eyes.

"Good morning." Aeron laughed.

"Yeah, yeah." I yawned.

I grabbed a piece of fruit and took a seat next to Aeron on the ground. I brought my apple to my lips, about to take a bite when Areon swiped it out of my hand.

"Give it back." I said.

"Nah, I think I'll keep it, maybe take a bite." He laughed as he took off.

"Not on my watch!"

I chased him all around the camp and reviving a few glances from the other Lost Boys I laughed. When we ran past Felix, he joined in.

"Over here!" He yelled.

Aeron tossed the apple to Felix.

"Aw come on!" I complained.

"Pan's not here to protect you now!" Felix yelled.

"Ha!" I laughed as I chased the boys into the forest.

The boys tossed the apple to each other. I smiled as a plan came to mind. I stopped running and quietly walked into the thick vegetation hiding in my camouflaged clothes. I advanced towards the stopped and talking boys.

"Where'd she go?" Aeron asked.

"I don't know, but I wouldn't be worried. She probably ran back to the camp and got another one." Felix assured.

I smiled, and ran out.

"Wrong!" I yelled as I grabbed the apple out of Aerons hand.

I waved my price in my hand and brought it to my mouth. I licked my lips and took a huge bite. The apple was sour with a crunch. I smiled as I swallowed. The boys shook their heads in defeat.

"Ha!" I laughed throwing the core to the ground.

I began to walk back to camp.

"Ah, no you don't!" I heard before falling to the ground.

I groan with the two boys laying on top on me.

"Seriously?!" I laugh as I punched them. "Get off of me!"

Felix laughed as he was the first to get up. Areon was next, and the two boys helped me up. They each grabbed one of my hands and pulled me up. Well, now like threw me into the air, because we all fell back down now with me on top on them. 

Felix and Aeron groaned as I laughed.

"Now you know how it feels!" I said.

"What did you eat this morning?" Aeron yelled.

I slapped his head.

"An apple!"

Felix laughed so I slapped his head too.

"Ow!"

I smiled and got up. The boys the boys extended their hands, but I left them making them get up in there own. Together, we walked back to camp, but at the entrance we all stopped.

"Where on Neverland where you?"

I smiled.

~Peter~

"Peter!" Max yelled as she ran to me.

"Hello love." I smiled as I hugged her.

She parted and then slapped me. I shook my head and blinked a few times. Felix and a Lost Boy laughed.

"What the hell was that for?!" I asked.

"Five days! Five days you were gone!" She yelled.

"And?"

"You said for a little while! A little while!"

"Which means?"

"I thought you meant like a couple hours! Not a couple days!"

I laughed.

"Love-"

Max shoved past me and entered camp. I looked at the boys.

"Girls." I sighed.

Felix busted out laughing. Soon the Lost Boy joined in.

"Idiots." I mumbled as I left Tweddle Dee and Tweddle Dum.

I first checked my tent for the rampaging Lost Girl, but found nothing.

"Of course!" I yelled as I looked at the tree house.

I climbed up the ladder and knocked on the wooden lift.

"What?" I heard.

"Open up love." I said.

No response.

"Fine."

I lifted my hand to the door and heard a click. I pushed the lift open and climbed into the tree house. Max was sitting on the bed. I began to walk over, but I tripped.

"I'm ok, thanks for asking." I said getting up.

Max laughed.

"What?" I asked.

Max lifted her hands.

"Magic." She said as she shook her hands in the air.

"Ha ha ha, really funny." I smirked taking a seat next to her.

She looked at me wide eyes.

"Are you mad?"

She shook her head.

"No. You were just gone for a long time and-"

"So you missed me!" I cut her off.

"No! I never said that!" She laughed.

She jumped on the bed and faced me. The sun reflected off of something on her chest and it hit me in the eye. Squinting, I reached over and lifted a key up around her neck.

"What's this love?"

She took if from my hand and pulled in around her neck, taking it off. She turned it over in her hand and looked at it hard. Finally, she placed it in my hand.

"My mother would have me in my room for some amounts of times. Sometimes hours, sometimes days. A couple years ago she forgot to lock my door, and I saw where she kept the key, so I took it. The next day she made another one, and pretended like nothing happened."

"So you put in on a chain and wore it around your neck?"

"Yeah, so that I'd never forget where I came from." She answered.

With the key still in my hand she placed hers on top.

"And now I want you to keep it."

I looked at her, her eyes were sincere.

"Why."

Max took a deep breath.

"This key showed that I belonged to my mother, and now it shows that I belong to you."

She removed her hand from mine and headed towards the ladder.

"I'm glad I'm back."

"I am too." And she disappeared down the ladder.

I let out a small sigh and got up myself. I put the chain in my hand around my neck. I started to climb down the ladder.

"It's going to be a long night."

A/N

Hey guys! Thank you for all the support and it would be huge for me if you check out my new account loveswimming19 it's for my original stories and I have some really good ones coming out. And please don't forget to vote and comment! 😋
                       ~loverunning19