Thunder Road

Clint stealthily landed the jet on a warehouse roof close to the address Anna had given them. Everyone was on high alert. They were all expecting to walk straight into a Hydra trap. Before the team exited the jet Cap went over the plan one more time to make sure everyone knew their roles and positions. Bruce had decided to hang back and run technical support from the jet. The team were planning to try to get into the building under the radar and an appearance from the big guy would make it impossible.

"I'll keep the engine running. We'll be ready to leave as soon as you all make it back." Bruce told the team with a small smile as the team prepared to leave the jet.

"Alright everyone you know the plan. Comms are live so let's keep in touch." Tony said as he fiddled with a small earpiece. The rest of the team followed suit and placed their communications devices into their ears. The team left the jet and walked the short distance to take up their positions.

****

Anna heard a flicker above her head and a humming noise before the fluorescent light above her came to life. It momentarily blinded her as she tried to make her eyes adjust from the pitch blackness to this harsh artificial light. The door to the cell swung open. Still squinting from the blinding light Anna could make out 3 dark figures entering the cell. Two of them hauled her to her feet. Anna winced from the pain in her ribs. The 2 men cuffed her hands as the third spoke in a low, angry voice.

"Time for the chair Ghost" It was Rumlow. The guards pushed Anna forwards into Rumlow who hauled her by the hair down the corridor. Anna's attempts to break free or make him loosen his grip were useless. Anna pleaded with Rumlow to let her go. She promised she would be good. she promised she would do what ever they wanted from her if they would spare her this punishment.

"It's much too late for false promises Ghost." Rumlow pushed Anna into another room that was cold and damp. It smelled of bleach and metal and something burning? There was a chair that resembled an electric chair you would find on death row. There were numerous wires connected to the chair and machines and computers surrounding it. Pierce stood talking with men in crisp white lab coats.

"Please.....please don't do this...I'll behave...I promise..." Anna tried pleading with Pierce. She was fighting hard to keep her tears back. She was terrified but would not give anyone in that room the satisfaction of seeing her cry. Rumlow held Anna up right as Pierce approached her. Pierce grabbed Annas cheeks in one hand and squeezed. Tears now ran freely down Anna's face.

"Shhh....Shhh.... little one. This will all be over soon and you will be all the better for it." Pierce told Anna in a soothing tone that she had never heard him use before. Rumlow then forced Anna into the chair. She was shackled by her ankles and wrists to the chair. There was a strap that went around her waist and one that went around her forehead. Anna's Breathing was quick and panicked. Electrodes were placed on her temples and the men in white lab coats fiddled with the machines. As one of them turned up a dial all the lights in the room became so much brighter. Anna was feeling faint from her panicked breaths. She watched every single move mad by the men in the lab coats as Pierce barked instructions to them.

Suddenly an armed guard burst through the doors panting, trying to catch his breath.

"Sir! Sir, there's a security breach....they're here.....they're in the building."

Pierce growled and shouted orders to the guards in the room. Rumlow exited the room as he took charge of the team that followed him to go after the threat. Pierce then took out a walkie talkie from his jacket pocket and gave orders and coordinated the agents in various areas of the building to keep the Avengers from the treatment room at all costs. Anna's heart filled with hope. Her plan might actually work. She readied her self as best as she could to make her escape if the opportunity presented itself.

Pierce turned his attention to the men in lab coats. "Hurry....they'll be here for the girl... Wipe her now!" Pierce pointed to the machines as he spoke. Anna screwed her eyes shut tightly and braced her self for the pain. she was out of time.

"I wouldn't touch that switch if I were you." A smooth unknown voice came from the door way gaining the attention of everyone in the room. "Thanks for the tip doll. Don't worry we're here to help you." The man winked at Anna. Her heart was in her mouth. It was Bucky Barnes. He was here. She felt a wave of relief wash over her.

"How lovely to see you again Winter Soldier. And I see you've brought some of your new playmates today. How very admirable of you to try and help but you're too late." Pierce then shouted for the process to begin but as he turned to look at his team of scientists he saw them all unconscious on the floor and a tall, raven haired man in green and black leathers grinning next to the machines. Loki.

"Oh dear. Well it appears your minions are temporarily out of commission" Loki smirked as he gestured to the unconscious scientists.

Bucky stalked towards Pierce. Pierce had no where to run and was no match for the Winter Soldier. Bucky punched him square in the face with his metal arm knocking him unconscious and probably breaking his nose and jaw in the process. " Now that was satisfying " he chuckled. Bucky flung Pierce over his shoulder. He would bring him into SHIELD for questioning then it would be off to the Raft for him for sure. Loki went to Anna's aid. He undid her shackles and helped her from the chair.

"Are you okay...can you run?" Loki questioned Anna. He studied her tiny frame for any apparent injuries. His deep blue eyes locked with her emerald green eyes and for a split second her thought he could get lost in those eyes. Loki looked towards Bucky as if to break the spell.

"I...Yeah...I'm okay" Anna shakily said.

"Then lets run." Loki grabbed Anna by the hand and lead her out of the room followed by Bucky with Pierce still over his shoulder.

"Tin man we have the little draugr. Making our way to rendezvous point." Loki said into his coms device.

"Right behind you reindeer games" came the reply.

Bucky with Pierce still over his shoulder, Loki and Anna raced through the halls of the building. Behind them they could hear the heavy boots of Hydra agents. The bullets ricochet off the walls and whizz past their ears. Bucky suddenly fell to the deck hard. He had been shot in the leg. The hydra agents had gotten close enough now that Loki and Anna had no choice but to engage in hand to hand combat. Loki couldn't help but notice how easily Anna was able to disarm the agents and take them to the ground. She rendered them unconscious but did not kill them. Loki on the other hand was not as kind hearted. He seemed to take pleasure in using his sleek daggers to take the lives of the Hydra agents. Anna noticed an agent trying to take the opportunity to eliminate Bucky as he was still on the deck trying to get back to his feet after being shot. Without hesitation Anna threw herself over Bucky to protect him from the gun shots. Anna was hit in the shoulder as Loki tackled the Hydra agent to the ground.

Anna rolled off of Bucky on to her back. She placed her hand over her shoulder and felt the warm sticky blood flowing freely. She tried to sit up but was hit by a wave of nausea and dizziness. Bucky crawled over to Anna and held her head in his lap.

"Stay with me doll face....it's gunna to be okay...we've got you." Even though Bucky was right there over her, to Anna, it sounded as if he were miles away.

"Bucky! Loki! We're at the rendezvous point...where are you? Is everything okay?" Cap sounded worried when the trio were not at the meeting place as expected.

"Soldier boy and the draugr have been hit. All agents are eliminated. We are in the foyer. We request assistance immediately." Loki replied

"C'mon doll stay awake" Anna faintly heard Bucky trying to keep her conscious. Anna could feel her self slipping into the darkness. It was a peaceful darkness. Anna tried to keep focused on Bucky's face. Her vision was becoming blurry. She made out the silhouettes of a few people running towards her over Bucky's shoulder. They were shouting something but she couldn't quite make it out. Anna thought she heard someone calling to her, telling her to hang in there. Everything went black and Anna slipped into the darkness.