Future Days

Anna stood staring at herself in the full length golden ornate mirror of her chambers. Two maids were ensuring her hair and dress were sitting perfect. Anna wore an emerald green flowing floor length gown that splayed out with a small train at the back. It had a lace bodice with buttons that travelled the length of her back. The dress had delicate organza straps that sat just off of her shoulders. Her hair had been pinned up in a number or intricate braids. On her head sat a ringlet made from the finest silver with carved vines and leaves. There wee tiny emeralds encrusted into the design that glittered as it caught the light.

A soft knock sounded at her chamber door. The younger of the maids walked across the room and opened the door. She curtsied as Loki came sweeping into the room dressed in his signature Asgardian formal wear. Green and black leathers and a beautiful flowing green cape. He walked to Anna and stood behind her so she could look at him in the mirror.

"You look breathtaking my love." Loki purred as he bent down and planted a soft kiss on her shoulder. Anna gave him a small smile in response. The tension was evident in her shoulders. "What's the matter my love? Don't be nervous. Tonight is a night of celebration and honour. It's not everyday you receive an honour from the Allfather." Loki gently massaged Anna's shoulders to try and relieve some of her tension.

Anna closed her eyes and let out a sigh as she melted into Loki's touch. "I'm not nervous ... i don't think. Its just....just ... I'm being honoured for killing a man Lokes. It doesn't seem like something that should be celebrated." Anna turned and put her arms around Loki's waist. She leaned back a little so she could look up at his face.

"Annabelle, my dear, sweet, kind, caring Annabelle." Loki leaned down and planted a small soft kiss on the tip of her nose. "You are being too hard on yourself. Yes you may have taken his life but in doing so you saved and protected the entirety of the nine realms from enslavement and an eternal winter that would have been the death of an unthinkable number of innocent souls. Your quick thinking and bravery. Your cunning and sheer determination are what are being honoured." Loki beamed with pride. Anna smiled back and nodded. Loki extended his arm to Anna which she took. "Time to go my Love. The Allfather and out friends await." Loki gestured for them to take their leave.

The throne room was a hive of excitement and energy. Odin and Frigga sat regal and proud on their golden thrones. Lining the steps were the Avengers. They had been summoned to Asgard to receive a royal thanks from Odin for their much appreciated help in saving the realms. Soft music began to fill the room. The Asgardian's that had crammed themselves into the throne room fell silent and stood up. All eyes turned to the huge doors. The doors opened and Anna and Loki made their grand entrance. As they made their way to the bottom of the stairs Anna whispered to Loki "Everyones's looking at us Lokes."

"Of course they are my dear. Have you not seen how devilishly handsome i am?" Loki smirked. Echoing his words to her the first time they walked into the great dining hall arm in arm. This relaxed Anna greatly. She rolled her eye and gave a small giggle.

As they reached the bottom of they stairs Loki bowed to his mother and father and Anna curtsied. They stood and Loki turned to Annabelle. He took her hand in his and raised it to his lips. He planted a soft kiss across her knuckles, then took his spot on the steps, one down from Thor, leaving Anna at the bottom to be addressed by Odin. Odin and Frigga rose from their thrones.

"Annabelle Njorddóttir. Along with your fellow Avengers today you shall receive an honour of thanks. Your bravery and heroism has saved the nine realms and beyond from an unthinkable fate. We will for ever be in debt to you and to the Avengers. Tony Stark may your intelligence and wit never falter. Natasha Romanoff consider your ledger cleared of any red. Clint Barton may you forever have a full quiver and swift arm. Sargent James Barnes may the winter solider remain firmly in your past. Captain Steve Rogers never was their a greater soldier or leader in all of Midgard and Doctor Bruce Banner i pray you find peace within your self. From this day forward you shall all be known as protectors of the nine realms." Odin's voice carried over the throne room and was full of pride and power. There were cheers and rounds of applause from the gathered crowds. You couldn't help but smile as you looked at your team. Everyone of them was filled with joy and it was infectious.

Odin then raised his hands in a gesture intended to regain some order and once again the vast room fell silent to let him continue."My sons. Thor and Loki you have made your mother and father proud. You have served your kingdom well." Frigga beamed with pride as Odin addressed her boys.

"Dearest Annabelle. As daughter of the Sea God Njord, your actions have proven you worthy of holding the title and power of Goddess. As it is known Gods and Goddesses are not born with their title. It is something that must be worked towards and earned. I believe it is fitting that you, Annabelle Njorddóttir, shall now and forevermore be known as Ananbelle Goddess of Winter. Let this title be a reminder of what you have done for the nine realms. Your kindness, compassion and love shall guide you in your new role for it takes these traits to guide and protect people in harshest of times" Odin and Frigga descended the stairs and approached Annabelle. Odin kissed both of Anna's cheeks and Frigga embraced her in a loving, motherly embrace.

The feast and ball continued well into the night. Anna marvelled at how well the Avengers team fitted in in Asgard. They had been welcomed with open arms by the people of Asgard who were quickly changing their opinions of people from Midgard. Not once was the word mud blood uttered.

Anna watched her friends whirling around the ball room. Loki approached Anna and offered her his hand. Anna smiled up at Loki and placed her hand in his. "A dance my prince?" Anna sweetly asked.

"Not quite my love, there is something i wish to show you, come." Loki said with a sparkle in his eyes.

Loki lead Anna out of the ballroom and into the gardens. They walked down a path, under an ivory arch into a more private secluded garden. There were small flickering candles in jars lining the path that Loki took Anna down. At the end of the path there was a picnic blanket surrounded by more candles and the most beautiful white flowers Anna had ever seen. Anna was unsure what they actually were but none of that mattered right now, she made a note to ask Loki about them later. The picnic blanket was laid with two tea cups and chocolate cake. Exactly like the picnic Loki and made in the library of the compound.

Anns's heart sung with joy. "Oh Loki. This is perfect. I love it" Anna let go of Loki to run over to the little picnic area. She bent down to smell the delicate floral scent coming from the flowers. Anna stood up and turned round to Loki but saw nothing. She furrowed her brows in confusion. She heard Loki clearing his throat. She looked down to see Loki. He was down on one knee and held a small rectangular box in his hand.

"Annabelle, With this hand I will lift your sorrows." With his free hand Loki took Anna's hand in his and gave it a small soft kiss. "Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine." Loki opened the box to reveal the most beautiful ring Anna had ever seen. It was a simple silver band with a dazzling emerald surrounded by a circle of smaller diamonds.

"Annabelle will you do me the greatest honour and make me the happiest man alive by becoming my wife?"

"Yes! Three thousand times yes Loki!" Anna squealed. Loki took the ring from the box and slid it on to her finger. The perfect fit. He stood and held Anna in his arms as he picked her up and spun her around. As he placed her back on the ground he pulled her in close to him and their lips came crashing down on one another's as they shared a deep and passionate kiss.

"I love you Annabelle." Loki whispered.

Anna buried her head into Loki's chest. Inhaling his sweet scent of vanilla and leather. She felt so safe and warm and Loved. Loki felt like home.

"And I love you Loki ...Always."