Papercut

The palace gardens of Asgard were home to an immense variety of different flowers, herbs and foliage. Some had healing properties, some were just pretty to look at and some had magical qualities. There was nothing suspicious at all about someone from the healing rooms or even the kitchen staff out picking the in the greenery and Rumlow knew this.

In the eerie darkness of his room in the small cottage in the Scottish Highlands Rumlow sat and concentrated. He searched through the ether for a suitable candidate. He needed someone who could get close to Anna without arousing suspicious. In his search he came across the mind of a rather disgruntled cook in the palace. Astrid had been at the receiving end of Odin's temper. As head cook she had to take on the responsibility of the evenings feast being late through no fault of her own. The mornings delivery had not arrived until well after noon throwing off the entire kitchens schedule.

As she mumbled to herself while continuing on with her chores she heard a faint whisper call to her. Astrid, who was alone in the kitchen, searched the room for the sound of the voice.

"Astrid. How unfairly he treats you. After all of your devotion and servitude."

"Who goes there?" Astrid tried to sound brave but still couldn't find the source of the voice. It felt like a dark presence lurking the back of her mind.

"Someone who can put you back in the All Father's good graces. I can help you save all of Asgard."

"What do you mean? Save Asgard?" Astrid asked with peaked curiosity.

"There is an imposter among you. An assassin who means to cause harm. She has already enchanted the Prince. All part of the plan." Rumlow planted the seeds of suspicion in her mind.

"Lady Annabelle?" Astrid whispered. "But ... No! I won't believe it. The girl is as pure and honest as a fresh spring morning."

Rumlow laughed manically "See for yourself." Rumlow flooded Astrid's mind with visions of Anna. She saw her on various missions for Hydra. Using her powers to take down all those who opposed them. She saw her sneaking and stealing from SHIELD. Finally Rumlow showed her Anna in the Avengers compound stealing the arc reactor. "She is not who you think she is."

"Why are you helping us. What is your price?" Astrid quizzed.

"I merely want back what is mine. It's time my little Ghost came home." Rumlow flashed Astrid one last image of him and Anna together to completely confirm Astrid's suspicion and seal the deal.

"What must I do?" Astrid asked.

"Lethe's Bramble, do you know it?" Rumlow asked.

"I do, it's a white poppy that grows in the Queen's garden."

"Brew it with tea. Repeat the words Tabula Rasa thrice as you stir it. Make sure she drinks it all." Rumlow instructed.

"What will happen to the girl?" Astrid asked with trepidation.

"No harm will come to her. This will just ... Refocus her mind." And with that Astrid felt the presence leave her mind.

Astrid left the kitchen and made her way through the palace to the gardens. She walked through Frigga's garden picking a few different herbs to make her look less suspicious, before coming to the Lethe's Bramble. She hesitated briefly before picking a bunch.

Back in the kitchen Astrid began to brew the tea. "Tabula Rasa, Tabula Rasa, Tabula Rasa" she spoke aloud as she stirred the tea. She brewed a second Tea for the Prince. She didn't want to risk giving him something that could potentially be a poison. Astrid carried the tea pots on a tray with cups and saucers. She made her way to Loki's chambers. She held the tray against her hip with one hand. As she gently knocked on the door with her other.