Wicked Game

The palace was bustling with preparations for the ball that evening. The grand ball room was being transformed into the most beautiful of rooms. There were circle tables around the the room laid with the finest silverware and beautiful floral centre pieces with lanterns in the middle. The room was decorated with more flowers and candles and lanterns of different shapes and sizes. An illusion was cast over the ceiling of the hall to make it appear as the night sky with hundreds of stars twinkling in the inky black sky.

Loki knocked on Ann's room door. She called for him to come in. Loki entered and closed the door behind him. He was halted in his tracks as he looked at Anna. She was wearing a mint green, floor length, satin dress. The dress was v necked that showed off a little cleavage. It was belted around the waist with a tan, leather, braided belt. The sleeves were full length and cuffed at the wrist. There were splits up the sleeves that exposed her arms a little. She had her hair pinned up with a few loose tendrils framing her face. She looked exquisite. Loki felt his heart beat faster and a knotting in the pit of his stomach. He thought to himself the fates must have made a mistake to make such a beautiful, kind and caring woman agree to be his. He wasn't at all deserving of her after all the pain and suffering he had caused. He tried to block those thoughts from his mind. He hadn't been in control then. He was manipulated, tortured. New York wasn't his fault. He had been trying to convince himself of this ever since his mind was cleared and free of Thanos' control.

"God or not Loki, it's rude to stare." Anna giggled. Her cheeks were a little flushed. She tried to hide her embarrassment as Loki's gawking.

"Forgive me my darling but you look absolutely radiant." Loki crossed the room and took Anna's hand in his and lifted it to his lips and gently kissed it. Anna swooned over this overly romantic gesture. Loki explained that he had some council meetings to attend with Thor and Odin and that he wouldn't be able to be with her until later on in the day.

"Please try and keep out of trouble today Köttr." Loki asked. Loki waggled his finger at Anna "Play nice with the others and don't go starting any fights. Ladies do not start fights" he teased.

"No. We don't start fights." Anna agreed. "But we sure as hell finish them." She gave Loki a sly smile.

Loki pulled Anna in close to him. His arms were around her waist. Anna wrapped her arms around his neck and gazed up into his eyes. "Infuriating woman. What ever shall I do with you." Loki's voice was soft and silky.

"I can think of a few things." Anna replied as her cheeks blushed again. There was a spark of lust and wanting in Loki's eyes. He wanted to know what she was thinking about that made her blush so. Loki began to close the gap between them. He gently kissed her soft lips. Anna smiled into the kiss and moved her hands into his hair, deepening the kiss. A soft moan escaped Loki's mouth. His tongue traced Anna's bottom lip, seeking permission. As their tongues intertwined the kiss became more passionate and desperate. Loki's hands moved from Anna's waist to her back pulling her in closer to him. Anna could feel Loki's desire for her through her dress. He trailed kisses and soft bites down her neck and over her collar bone. Anna tilted her head back slightly to allow Loki better access to her skin. She felt a spark of electricity run through her body with each and every kiss. He followed the trail of kisses back up her neck to find her lips again. Their lips crashed together once more. A loud knock sounded on Anna's door. They pulled away from the kiss resting their foreheads agains one another panting.

"Brother, are you here? Father requires our presence for the council meeting." Thor called through the door.

"Yes, I'm here." Loki sighed. He walked to the door as Anna adjusted her self as she had become a little disheveled during their kiss. Loki opened the door to see Thor smiling like a cheshire cat.