Where Do We Go From Here?

Loki appeared at the edge of the Loch. He looked back towards the cottage and could see Callieach with Anna in her clutches. He felt an intense anger flow throughout him. He detested seeing his love in such peril. But for now it was a necessary peril. I hardly think this wold have been a part of the good Captain's plan. Loki muttered to himself. There was no time to waste, he couldn't fail his love. Not after she had been so incredibly cunning. Loki was immensely proud of her bravery and quick thinking. She never ceased to amaze him. Loki slowly approached the Kelpies. They were beautiful, strong beasts. They wouldn't have looked out of place in the royal stables back on Asgard along with Dusk and Dawn. They whinnied at his approach and rose up on their hind legs before bringing them back down to the ground with immense force.

Loki raised his hands, palms flat, facing towards the Kelpies to show he was no threat. "Shhhh, shhhh, It's okay, I'm not here to hurt you." Loki tried to reassure the beasts, unsure if they could even understand him. The horses began to circle him. Without the direct command from Callieach there was nothing they could do to hurt him. He had to work quickly. One word from her and her would meet his watery demise.

Loki slowly moved his hands to his enchanted pocket. He was conscious not to make any sudden movements. He didn't want to spook them. Loki remembered in the early days of training his and Thor's mares how he would often move to quickly and startle them to then be at the receiving end of a kick in the chest that would send him hurtling backwards and often to the ground. He reached into his enchanted pocket and felt for the cool smoothness of the leather straps. He pulled them out slowly. The Kelpies halted. Their black, glistening eyes bored into Loki. "You know what I have." Loki spoke softly. The Kelpies made huffing noises as they shook their heads back and forth and stamped their hooves. Loki took small steps towards the Kelpies. He approached Duke first. "If I may?" Loki held out one of the bridles. Duke bowed his head in response and allowed Loki to fit his bridle. Barron followed suit and allowed the trickster God to fasten his bridle into position. Loki took a few steps backwards and addressed the Kelpies.

"Baron and Duke, I have returned to you what Bodach the trickster stole. You are free. Callieach no longer possess the power to control you." Loki stood tall and proud.

The kelpies bowed their heads before Loki in gratitude. They whinnied and rose to their hind legs then brought them down before turning towards the cottage and breaking out into a gallop.

****************

"Like father like daughter." Callieach seethed. "I will show you and all those you love and hold dear no mercy. I will personally see to it that they all suffer greatly. You shall watch on, girl! You will be the last to perish as I make you watch your friends freeze and shatter into a million tiny pieces before your very eyes in the knowledge that this is ALL your doing!"

"Callieach! Let my daughter go and I shall return your husband here to you unharmed. You can leave this realm never to return again. All will be well." Njord called as he tried to reason with Callieach.

"Ha! Do with him as you wish Sea God! He is weak and unworthy of that title. Husband." Callieach scoffed. "I WILL reign as Queen over all the realms. With or without him." Callieach's voice was cold and void of all feeling.

"My love?" Bodach splutters. "Do I really mean that little to you? Is there no love between us?" Bodach sounded like a broken man.

"Love is for children. We simply had a marriage of convenance. You are no longer any use to me. You have become a burden, a liability....." The noise of the whinnying Kelpies caught Callieach's attention. She began to turn around to see what was causing such a commotion.

"Hey!" Tony shouted at Callieach to turn her attention away from the Loch. He could see Loki approaching the kelpies. Those crafty bastards. He chuckled to himself. Not quite what we planned but I like the improv.