six.

A/N: i worked super hard on these next two chapters, so please comment! 

--

Camila was still not used to being treated as a real songwriter, despite being one for years and being contracted with Shawn for almost two months.

It was one thing for Shawn to constantly validate her with his kind words and wonderful smile. It was another thing for Ashe to invite Camila out to have boba tea and talk music. That made her feel so real.

Camila obsessed a bit over what to wear, even more than she did with Shawn. She found up wearing patterned leggings and a sweater. She did her hair at the bathroom mirror, and instead of braids, did something else she'd always wanted to try. She'd recently bought a pack of bobby pins specifically for it.

"So, what do you think?" Camila stepped out of the bathroom.

Shawn and Tarzan were laying on the couch and they both lifted their heads to admire her work. She'd used a tutorial from youtube to do her hair in space buns, and she was a little worried about her ability to do them on her own without help, but they actually turned out really good.

She felt her heart skip a beat when Shawn smiled at her.

"Adorable." He said and she felt her heart skip another beat.

"Shouldn't you be getting ready too?" She asked, trying to keep from blushing too much.

"My boys don't care what I wear." Shawn slumped down lower on the couch and put his feet up on the coffee table. "We're just gonna kick back, have some beers, and play some PS4. I'm just gonna turn my brain off tonight."

"How is that any different than every other night?" Camila giggled, ducking out of the way as Shawn threw a couch pillow at her.

Camila gave Tarzan a few pets before going downstairs to meet Ashe. Even though she and Shawn were taking a break tonight from work, part of her felt guilty, like they didn't deserve it.

They'd sort of hit a roadblock in their writing, neither of them coming up with any interesting lyrics in a while. Camila was starting to get worried, but maybe a small break to clear their heads is what they needed.

Camila spotted Ashe's fancy car right outside the gate and went to meet her. She was dressed cute too, wearing merch of another artist and skinny jeans.

"You'll love this place, the tea is really good. I love your hair, by the way."

Camila had actually never had boba before, but she knew it was trendy from what she'd seen online. They drove to the place, one of Ashe's playlists playing softly over the speakers.

Camila studied the menu for a moment before deciding on mango tea. Ashe got a green tea boba and they chose a table in the corner. Ashe sat with her back to the door and Camila wondered if she was worried about being recognized.

"So, how's the music coming?"

"Oh, that." Camila should have known that was going to come up immediately. She stalled for a moment, taking a sip of her drink and almost choking on the tapioca balls. "It's going pretty good."

Ashe gave her a look as Camila kept coughing, feeling like drops of tea were in her lungs. She wondered if Shawn had already told her the truth, or if she was just that easy to read.

"Good?"

"It's okay..." She admitted. "I mean, we have some really amazing melodies, but we're kinda having trouble with lyrics. I hate having writer's block."

"Me too, girl." Ashe nodded and Camila suddenly felt her inner thoughts spilling out.

"I just don't want Shawn to start to get disappointed, I don't want him to think he made the wrong choice by picking me—"