eighteen.

"How's New York? You know I'm so bored around here without you."

Camila was on FaceTime with Ashe. She was in New York City for an upcoming appearance on late night tv. It would be her last public appearance to promote her debut album before she was taking a long break and maybe going on vacation.

"Pretty fun." Ashe laughed. "It's nice to be back here."

"Have you met Jimmy yet? Is he anything like he is on tv?"

"He seems the same." She chuckled. "He's nice, but definitely goofy. Speaking of goofy, where's Shawn?"

"In the shower. He just got home from the gym."

It was just the beginning of Shawn's promotion. He'd announced Wonder the album a few days ago and the internet was still buzzing.

Camila wondered if that's why he was going to the gym so much lately. People were still sharing Shawn's pictures from the photoshoot, talking about his cute face and his hot abs.

She wasn't jealous, she actually thought most of those comments were funny. But Shawn seemed to think it was a sign he needed to stay in shape.

He said he was just bored with no more songs to work on—that's why he'd been going to the gym every day, but Camila wasn't so sure that was the whole truth.

At least he didn't overdo it. He had a strict regime and only worked out for that hour or so before resting. Camila had to admit, she did like staring at the way he looked shirtless now, but she also hoped he knew his real fans wouldn't care if he had abs or not.

"Oh, here he is." Camila angled the phone as Shawn came into the living room with a towel around his waist.

"Whoa—hey, Camila, I told you not to randomly put me on FaceTime when I'm not prepared!" Shawn ducked out of the way, one hand holding the towel on as Camila giggled, hearing Ashe laughing too. Shawn slowly looked back at the screen. "Where are you even at? You look like you're walking around a castle right now."

"My NYC apartment." She shrugged.

Camila had actually been assuming that Ashe was calling from a hotel, it really did look super fancy, even if the only thing Camila could really see in the shot were high ceilings and a golden chandelier.

Shawn had once told her Ashe had more than one house but Camila felt weird about ever asking if it was true. Now she did.

"Shawn—come here for a second, I wanna ask you something." Ashe said. Camila looked over her shoulder and saw Shawn going towards the kitchen.

"Hold on, let me go put underwear on!" Shawn shoved the juice he was drinking from the carton back into the fridge and ran towards the bathroom.

He came out a moment later in shorts, tugging a t-shirt on over his still-damp hair. He then leaned over the back of the couch so he could properly see the screen. Camila was only thinking of how good he smelled.

"What's up?"

"Alright, so, I got in early so I could relax and stuff before we all rehearse for the show, right? But I still haven't chosen what song I wanna do on the show. I mean, this will be my last public performance for a while, and I wanna go out on a good note." She said. "I was thinking, what song of mine do I really love right now, and there's really only one answer. So—you wanna come perform on the show with me?"

Camila gasped softly in shock and Shawn just stared at the screen.

"What?"

"You—me—The Tonight Show—are you even listening to the words I'm saying right now?"