twenty-one.

"Can I see it one more time? Please? I didn't get a good look before—"

Camila tried to roll her eyes in mock annoyance, but she couldn't hide her delight as she placed her left hand on the tabletop and everyone gasped and sighed at the sight of her ring.

Camila was at a brunch with her girlfriends to celebrate her engagement with Shawn. Seeing how they'd only gotten engaged last night, Camila was a little shocked that all of them could drop everything and come with such short notice, but she later realized that this wasn't really short notice to them—they'd all been waiting for this moment for ages.

As Camila looked around at Greta, Megan, Nadia and Ashe—who'd both recently gotten back from a vacation in Costa Rica—she couldn't help but think how happy she was right now.

It'd been a long time since she'd had her own girlfriends. Back when she left Matthew, their friends all seemed to take sides and Camila sort of got left in the dust when she was somehow spun into being the bad guy.

But now she had her own friends that actually loved and supported her.

"It's so pretty." Greta sighed, looking down at the diamond and sapphires.

"Do you know how much it cost him?" Ashe asked. "Not that I expect you to tell me—just wondering if he's told you."

"Yes, he told me." Camila said, her face pink. "But I never cared about that, I just love that he picked it out special for me. I don't care how much he spent."

Camila pulled her hand back as the waiter brought their mimosas.

"I think we should toast." Megan said. "To future Mrs. Shawn."

Camila giggled, unable to even pretend she didn't enjoy the attention at least a little bit. They got to talking a little about wedding plans and Ashe turned towards her.

"What kinda dresses are you thinking for bridesmaids? As your Maid of Honor, I could totally help you pick them—"

"Hello, I'm the stylist here!" Greta said. "Besides, who says you get to be the Maid of Honor—"

"Well, I'm Camila's best friend." Ashe said.

"I am too!" Greta looked at Camila. "Right? Who are you picking?"

"Yeah, who?" Ashe asked, seeming to enjoy getting everyone worked up.

"Um—" Camila did not want to have this conversation and was relieved when she thought of an easy loophole. "Well, I have a sister—so, probably her."

"Oh." Greta went quiet while Megan laughed.

"Ah, the old sister excuse." Ashe sighed. "Well, still, I trust you to pick something great. You don't actually need my input."

"Speaking of dresses—" Greta said. "I have dozens of bridal gown catalogs you can borrow if you want."

"Woah, do you actually style brides too?" Nadia asked, sounding impressed. Greta turned pink.

"Um, no, the catalogs are for me." She said, glancing down at the table.

Camila gave Greta a reassuring smile. She knew from past talks that Greta was dying for Connor to propose to her, or at least she heavily fantasized about when that day would come.

Camila wondered if Greta, or hell, even Megan, were actually jealous of her right now. She knew that would only be natural.

"Thank you." Camila said. "But Shawn and I have actually decided to kinda have a long engagement. Obviously, we've been together for less than a year, so we just think it would be best if we just spend some time engaged before we tie the knot, so it'll be a while before I need your help planning—but I will need it, trust me."