Chapter 1 - So Sick

Leo is about to finish his 4th bottle of soju. But the pain that he's feeling never leaves him alone even tho he almost spent his whole month salary in the club. Leo decided to pick a song from the songbook and pressed the numbers of his chosen song. The music started.

~Gotta change my answering machine
Now that I'm alone
Cause right now it says that we
Can't come to the phone
And I know it makes no sense
Cause you walked out the door
But it's the only way I hear your voice anymore~

Leo's voice is so captivating that the other costumers at the club sticked their phones out and took a video of Leo singing. Leo, being unaware, continued to sing his heart out.

~It's ridiculous
It's been months
And for some reason I just
Can't get over us
And I'm stronger than this
Enough is enough
No more walking 'round with my head down
I'm so over being blue
Crying over you~

Every moment that passes, more people came to watch and listen to Leo singing.

~And I'm so sick of love songs
So tired of tears
So done with wishing
You were still here
Said I'm so sick of love songs,
So sad and slow
So why can't I turn off the radio?~

As he finish the song, he left the place grabbing his phone on the table, feeling a little dizzy. He managed to walk but in the middle of strolling on a busy night street, he noticed a familiar place. The Han River. His feet involuntarily walked to the middle of the bridge.

This place holds so much memories. He used to go there to meet with his girlfriend Hanna. But that was before Hanna died. That day, Hanna and Leo was in the middle of an argument but Hanna walked out from their apartment and got hit by a car. From then on, Leo always think that it's his fault why she died. Hanna's family didn't even let him attend the funeral.

"Nae sarang, I miss you so much. Why did you have to leave me that early?" Leo talked to himself as he look at the night sky whilst crying. But due to the effect of alchohol, an idea popped into his mind.

[Nae sarang = My love (in Korean)]

"You miss me too, right? Should I follow you then? I don't like to live without you anyways." Said while preparing to jump into the water. Leo closed his eyes as he was about to let go of his grip but someone grabbed him on his waist hugging him from his back.

"My dad said that when you're facing something that you can't seem to handle, remember that God wouldn't give you a test that you could not surpass." A voice of a girl came out from his back and Leo was dumbfounded.

"Who on earth are you?!" asked Leo with a stern voice.

"Come on up here, I'll take you home." the girl responded. But who really is she?

Leo doesn't seem to budge so the girl had to pull him whether he likes it or not. Leo was half awake but still managed to get off from the car and go to his room. He felt so sleepy due to drunkenness that he didn't even bother to take off his shoes. So the girl had to do it for him.

"Look at this kid, spending time and wasting money to buy soju but can't handle the effect of drunkenness." then she took off Leo's shoes and covered him with a thick blanket to make Leo feel warm.

The girl was about to go home but she bumped into Leo's mom who was just in the living area, waiting for her son but fell asleep.

"Auntie, I already brought Leo home. He's all drunk, I'll just come over tomorrow morning and give him a hangover soup." said by the girl. Wait– she knows Leo's mom?