Chapter 4 - 10 Wishes

[Flashback]

"You! Give us your lunch if you don't want to get beaten up." Jongwook, Daejung, and Minwon were always been bullies. Now, their target is Leo.

"My eomma made my lunch and for me it's special so I won't hand them to you!" Leo said with a hint of nervousness in his voice. What he had said made Jongwook flare up in anger.
Jongwook pushed Leo making him trip and fall. And Leo was about to cry.

"You're such a crybaby. Just give us what we want you little brat." Daejung shouted Leo which made him cry for real.

"No. YOU'RE the brat! Y'all are hurting him." said by a girl who defended Leo. She handed her little hands to help Leo stand up.

"And what do we have here, the crybaby has a girlfriend. And who do you think you are huh? What are you gonna do? You'll tell to your mother and the teachers?" Minwon stepped closer, eyeing on the girl while feeling so full of himself. The girl got mad and punched Minwon in the face. Minwon cried and then began running. Daejung and Jongwook got scared that they might be punched too so they ran away and followed Minwon.

"I'm Hyeon. What's your name?" asked the girl while facing Leo.

"I-I'm Leo. T-thank you Hyeon-ssi." He answered while wiping his eyes soaked with tears.

"Next time, be brave and stand up. Don't just cry when they bully you again. Not everytime there's someone like me who can defend you so learn how to speak for yourself." Hyeon said. Leo stared at her straight in the eyes.

They became bestfriends but Hyeon had to move in Busan. Leo was left alone in Seoul.

She has beautiful eyes. If ever they see each other again, he is certain to recognize Hyeon by looking into her eyes.

[end of flashback]

"Hyeon-ah? Is that you?" Leo confusingly asked the girl while staring into her eyes.

"I can't believe you already forgot about me. Hands off crybaby or else I'll punch you too." She smirked.

Leo can't believe that the 'Hyeon' that he used to play with and Aehyeon who is just infront of him is actually the same person. Why didn't he realized that 'Hyeon' was a nickname? Aish.

"You saved me again. Thank y-you Hyeon– I mean Aehyeon-ssi."

"That made us quits. Now get lost in my sight. I'm still mad at you for nagging me yesterday." Aehyeon is not really mad. She just said it to make Leo feel conscience on leaving her out of nowhere and not even guiding where their classroom was located. But Leo isn't budging so she is the one who attempted to leave. She turned her back leaving Leo behind. As soon as she stepped her foot, she stopped when she heard Leo calling her name.

"Hyeon-ah, I'm sorry for yesterday. I didn't mean to leave you there. I was just having a bad day." Leo explained his side and apologized with all his heart but Aehyeon is still doubting his sincerity.

"Make it up to me then." Aehyeon finally faced Leo.

"Grant my 5 wishes–no make it 10. Since we got parted for 10 years. Prove that you're sincere. Then I'll forgive you." Aehyeon added. Leo agreed.

~

"She's freaking gorgeous. I think I like her." Junil came running to Leo this morning just to newscast that he has a new crush.

"You just met her yesterday, Junil. Is it even possible to like a person you've just met the day before?" Now Leo is the one who's nagging Junil because he's being a playboy again.