Chapter 1 - City of Orario - Intriguing Soul - Setting Goals

So, initially I mentioned that the novel was still going to be with Ryuu. But as I wrote this chapter, several ideas for the story popped into my mind.

For now, let's just see how the story will develop before I choose someone.

I am really in doubt about who to choose. If my doubt remains when the story has a good number of chapters, I will probably make a small harem - with at most 3 girls (if I force 4 a bit) - but it won't go beyond that. Comment what you think.

Well, if you like Freya, you will certainly like this chapter a lot.

Don't forget to comment on the parts you find interesting and also don't forget the little star XD

The gates of the city of Orario were quite crowded today.

Various people, ranging from merchants, people who were returning from some mission that was completed outside the city, people who were coming to become adventurers, and even people who simply wanted to live in Orario City as an ordinary resident with an ordinary job. However, the vast majority were coming to simply become adventurers, thanks to the amount of money that high-level adventurers can make in the dungeon.

Within the line, you could see several people chatting happily with other familiar people, or even people who had never seen each other before, chatting as if they had been friends for a long time, asking questions like "what do you plan to do when you enter the city?"

These people were clearly, patient. But there are always both sides. While there are these patient people, waiting quietly in the big line, there are also the impatient people, yelling at the people in line to walk soon, or complaining to guards asking them to hurry the line along.

"Come on, walk!"

"How long do you plan to make all of us wait, guards!?"

"Shut the fuck up or I'll make you go back to the end of the line!" One of the guards shouted at the people who were throwing a tantrum, indignant.

The guards were responsible for keeping orders and deciding whether or not a person could enter the city of Orario. One guard stood near the large line of people, making sure that no one could enter in front of another person, while two guards guarded the large gate leading into the city of Orario. Both guards stood on each side of the big gate, and both guards had clipboards in their hands, to write down the names of the people entering the city of Orario.

Since there were two guards, they took every two people, the two at the front of the line. This setup was done to keep the city of Orario safe from very dangerous people. A small fee was also included for people who were entering the city for the first time.

"Okay, you can go through," said the guard to the adventurer who went through the gate throwing curses at the guard for taking so long. The guard sighed as he muttered, "Man, this job totally sucks."

"I can agree with you, but keep it down," said the other guard allowing another person to enter the city. "You don't want Captain Shakti to hear you saying that, she'll have you killed," he warned.

The guard shuddered when his friend told him this. Certainly, Shakti is a cold and strict woman, even in a hectic and chaotic situation. However, she is someone who follows the rules completely, if she sees them grumbling from work, she will certainly make them listen to her cold words.

They continued their work, letting a few people in. It was still the morning hours, and they would work the entire morning hours before the afternoon hour substitutes came. The time went progressively quietly after the impatient people came into town.